|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Senior Program Manager: Portfolio Integration & Delivery
The person in this position is responsible for defining and implementing core processes, tools and capabilities needed to drive modern engineering delivery, practices and maturity journey, including solutions, insights and team enablement across our End User Services Engineering portfolio. They will be accountable to improve cross functional, engineering delivery team effectiveness, successful portfolio integration, and increasing organizational and end user impact across initiatives. The role includes:
- Gathering & analyzing data to drive improving outcomes & measurement of portfolio impact, individual and team productivity and performance, and overall delivery effectiveness
- Solution delivery: Insights gathering and assessment, requirements & needs analysis, leading action planning across tools, data, process, communication, and all aspects of team enablement
- Lead and evolve coaching engagements and training programs to improve agile delivery capabilities, outcomes and quality across cross functional teams
- Assessment & improvement planning/delivery for process and work management tooling from assessment, through roadmap development & feature improvements and capability implementation
- Development, implementation and continuous improvement of planning & decision making frameworks and related dashboards or automation
- Successful change management and adoption for complex programs across stakeholder groups of all levels and role types
They will help to envision the end to end delivery capabilities and quality across multiple team types, drive analysis and alignment across experiences, and improve data, intelligence and tooling for a streamlined, compliant, OneMicrosoft approach. Success outcomes include team productivity, program and portfolio outcomes, and measures for team effectiveness and culture. Solutions include all aspects of team/user/employee experience – driving personalization, automation and a modern engineering, digital experience, and enabling working groups across engineering delivery, maturity and agility, and creating the foundations to foster high-performing, cross functional teams, and achieving successful business outcomes.
In this role, you'll lead & contribute to virtual teams composed of cross-functional IT roles across all disciplines. The team will plan and agilely adopt solutions (both process and technology) from proof-of-concept through broad adoption. You'll build and gain insight through business intelligence, industry frameworks and expertise, user experience studies, and lessons-learned to define the future user experience strategies and productivity gains for the organization.
We're looking for a self-driven individual who enjoys learning new technologies, driving process optimization and can drive the future of modern engineering delivery maturity, agility, effectiveness and enablement across our environment. We're passionate about the intersection of user experience and technology, and committed to achieving new levels of user satisfaction and productivity for an evolving, modern engineering workplace.
- Manage and improve the work management, program delivery and modern engineering skills, processes, standards & tool sets for the End User Services organization &/or its broader stakeholder interactions.
- Provide thought leadership, vision alignment and drives an integrated roadmap and execution plans as a liaison between end user feedback/sentiment, internal IT and Product Group(s) to drive portfolio delivery, prioritization, quality standards, management data and success measures.
- Lead training and coaching engagements, to drive Agile skills development and delivery effectiveness across varied types of delivery teams. Measure progress and impact of those trainings & coaching in terms of teaming effectiveness, execution quality, and delivery outcomes.
- Define and utilize a broad set of integrated data inputs to guide decisions, design and execution across your assigned domain. Drive data strategy, analysis and execution for your area, in collaboration with data science & insight teams, and with other related domain areas to leverage, integrate and align insights and measurement across partner teams and investment areas
- Manage and improve feature sets, intelligence, automation and integration across tools and services that contribute to this end to end experience. (Includes ADO, GitHub, PowerBI, etc.)
- Contribute to the design, development, publishing and sharing of relevant content and information channels to ensure ongoing alignment and sustainment of program solutions and objectives.
- Engage with external customers on showcase engagements to educate them on best practices and learnings from Microsoft’s internal processes and experience.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Core Program Management & Product Manager Skills: Leadership, developing product roadmaps, integrate internal and external partners in development, and the ability to inspire the team and customers around your product vision. Ability to successfully drive large, complex programs and solutions, with both business acumen and a sound technical foundation.
- Vision & Strategy: Ability to think strategically to envision and define the vision and strategy for the Microsoft enterprise to enable the aspirational experience. Continuously refine the vision and strategy based on lessons learned, evolving industry trends, new technologies, and new Microsoft product offerings. Articulate the vision, strategy, and adoption status with leaders across Microsoft to gain support and commitment to invest in bringing the strategy to life.
- Collaboration: Build and foster strong relationships and deliver across a broad set of dependencies inside and outside of core team. Collaborative style that can drive impact through influence in a virtual team environment: Partnering across a broad set of IT and engineering group stakeholders with excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships across groups and levels
- Data, Insights & Analysis: Use a data-driven approach and data analysis to gain insights into solution effectiveness and user experiences, identify opportunities to improve the products and services, and measure the effectiveness of these improvements. Conduct competitive analysis and proactively research evolving technology trends and investigate and seek out new opportunities to advance the vision and strategy.
- Leadership and Communication: Ability to effectively deal with ambiguous situations, for positive impact and influence. Ability to effectively communicate using multiple medias to present ideas. Contribute to Showcase materials and customer / industry engagements to drive adoption of Microsoft products, services and best practices.
- One or more SAFe certifications: (SPC, SPCT, Agilist, LPM, Practitioner, or Product Owner/Product Manager)
- 5+ years in a program management or equivalent technical program leadership role
- SAFe SPC or SPCT strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering or a related field
- Experience with working in &/or implementing Agile project & portfolio work management tools and dashboards. (Azure DevOps, GitHub, Jira, etc.)
- Experience with modern engineering program management methods & practices; (DevOps, Agile, Scaled Agile, training &/or role based certifications Product Owner, Product Manager, ScrumMaster, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.