|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Senior Strategic Network Sourcing Manager will be responsible for guiding suppliers to meet Microsoft’s short and long term technical and business network vision in Azure’s cloud. The person will be responsible for helping suppliers anticipate and execute such that healthy partnerships are formed with mutual direction by working cross-functionally across multiple stakeholders. We are looking for an individual who is eager to impact and guide the industry, be highly motivated / self-driven, and be passionate and open about new business and technology trends. The individual must have the ability to collaborate and create internal and external clarity, have technical and business acumen in the networking and system engineering field, and can guide supplier relationships in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. This requires the ability to learn the organization quickly, as well as develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, while driving impact and change to the business.
Develop, own and execute network category sourcing strategy inclusive of supplier selection/development, Industry and supplier trend analysis, supplier relationship management, contract negotiation and execution, and other key success criteria
Foster the partnership with engineering & business partners to identify/influence design and technology selection
Guide industry to anticipate and execute roadmaps in congruence with Microsoft’s roadmaps and direction
Drive supplier overall performance in terms of development support and technology adoption assurance, Continuity and assurance of supply, environmental compliances, security, on-time delivery, quality assurance, cost and overall capability to enable Microsoft’s success
Ensure creation of robust negotiation strategies and cost targets through understanding of market dynamics, benchmarks and cost trends. Create forward looking cost projections and measure performance to actuals
Serve as the escalation point for supply and/or supplier issues
- Self-Starter with inquisitive nature – willing and able to actively identify opportunities for improvement in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment and while providing structure and organizational leadership to drive transformational change.
- Critical thinking with the ability to connect high level strategies to operational level deliverables, as well as the impact of changes in either direction
- Ability to synthesize many ideas into big-picture view with connections between business intention and action
- Confident leading high visibility projects with cross-functional stakeholders and effectively leverage available resources to drive results
- Embraces continuous improvement and new ways of doing things with a focused, data driven approach
- trong Communication and collaboration skills – string written and verbal communications. Ability to document and speak to business requirements for both technical and business consumption
- Team player – leverage and contribute effectively to the work of others
- 5 or more years of Enterprise/Cloud hardware sourcing, engineering and/or business development experience
- Understanding of hardware cost modeling
- Ability to negotiate terms and conditions (vendor master agreements or statements of work)
- Bachelors degree in engineering or any relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Proven record in leadership; ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and direct across internal organizations & external partners to drive the right decisions for Microsoft
- Previous demonstrated ability leading Sourcing strategy, RFP/RFQ processes and making strategic award recommendations
- Basic knowledge/experience in supply chain environmental compliance and supply chain security
- Ability to present negotiation strategy at executive level, recommended negotiation positions and successfully negotiate with vendors to achieve desired positions.
- Communicates category vision and strategies to internal stakeholders and is accountable for business results, including budget impact.
- Basic knowledge and experience in supply chain environmental compliance & supply chain security
- Work independently to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities simultaneously
- Effectively lead cross-organizational meetings to lead teams to consensus and/or decisions to maintain project schedules
- Exhibit sound judgment in terms of balancing system trade-offs
- Understand the value drivers and negotiate with NIC, Connectivity Silicon, and network suppliers
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present to all levels of vendor and Microsoft management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.