|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more and we believe that artificial intelligence will play a critical role in accomplishing that mission. The Core Search and AI team is the leading applied machine learning team at Microsoft responsible for delivering the highest-quality experience to over 500M+ monthly active users around the world in Microsoft’s search engine, Bing. Beyond Bing other search engines such as Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, and new startups like Neeva depend on us as well.
We have seen little innovation in search in the last decade and we are looking for people who want to build the next generation of search using advanced AI technologies such as deep learning. Our work spans a very large scope of scenarios including delivering high quality search results from a massive document corpus, extractive and abstractive summarization to generate document snippets, personalization, machine reading comprehension, and document recommendations.
As a team, we leverage the diverse backgrounds and experiences of passionate engineers, scientists, and program managers to help us realize our goal of making the world smarter and more productive. We believe great products are built by inclusive teams of customer-obsessed individuals who trust each other and work closely together. We collaborate regularly across the company both to find the technology breakthroughs from groups like Microsoft Research to infusing AI into the rest of Microsoft products like Office and Azure.
Some examples of our work include:
- Open sourcing our vector search algorithm (covered by Ars Technica and TechCrunch)
- Using transformer networks for search (covered in Search Engine Land and in State of AI 2020 report)
- Deep learning based question answering and captions (covered in VentureBeat, Search Engine Land)
- Codeveloping our large scale training library called DeepSpeed (covered in SiliconAngle, The Batch)
- Building and open sourcing blazing fast transformer network inferencing (covered in ZDNet and Forbes) including developing our own accelerated chips for inferencing
If you are passionate about working on the latest and hottest areas that will help you develop skills in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, data science and high scale systems, this is the team you’re looking for!
We seek an experienced technical lead to direct and guide a team of engineers and scientists in discovering and building the next wave of innovations in search. In this role you will:
- Work closely with Program Management to deliver a roadmap towards solving the needs of our users by building the most relevant, freshest, and authoritative results while being strategically differentiated from our biggest competitors.
- Define, design, and deliver product quality improvements from ideation stage to shipping to the customer.
- Focus on the whole team's productivity and strive to increase the impact of the team's work product.
- Define and build systems and strategies to ensure high quality, stable, performant code and state-of-the-art algorithms being shipped in production.
- Make independent decisions for the team and handle difficult tradeoffs.
- Translate strategy into plans that are clear and measurable, with progress shared out monthly to stakeholders.
The following qualifications are required for this role:
- 3+ years of industry machine learning experience
- 6+ years of industry experience coding in Python, C++, C#, C and/or Java
Below are relevant skills and experiences, though not required:
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience building large scale cloud based solutions
- Customer focused, strategic, drives for results, is self-motivated, and has a propensity for action
- Fantastic problem solver; ability to solve problems that the world has not solved before
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#semanticsearch# #MachineLearning# #WebXTPrincipal#