|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission
Our University Recruiting team is looking for a recruiter to help us continue to evolve the ways we attract and hire engineering students to our internship and full time opportunities. This person will be responsible for building and executing recruiting plans for roles that consider talent from across a wide range universities across the Americas. This is a chance to build new recruiting processes and online engagement to help us improve candidate and client experience by leveraging our broader team, tools, data and your creativity. Leverage your past recruiting experience working with engagements such as diversity organizations, student groups and online storytelling and talent sourcing to help us bring in the next generation of engineering talent to Microsoft.
Candidate Assessment and Screening
- Assessment Opportunities - You leverage tools and assessment frameworks from Operations teams and Center of Excellence to assess candidates.
- Screening - You execute initial screening and assessing of candidates; you identify and gather information (e.g., ability to hire, relocation, immigration, compensation) to qualify talent pool.
- Candidate Engagement - You elicit interest in active and potential candidates by using business stories that represent Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
- Hiring - You maintain candidate satisfaction at all phases of the relationship by leveraging motivators and incentives to engage candidates and prepare them for next phases of the process; you identify approaches to enhance candidate experience throughout hiring plans.
Data Analysis and Hiring Plans
- Hiring Data and Trends - You review data and market research and consult with the business to recommend and implement a hiring plan that addresses both business demand and talent availability; you review and analyze data to improve staffing performance.
Operational Compliance and Excellence
- Policy and Standards Compliance - You use an understanding of the entire staffing lifecycle to apply the appropriate internal and external staffing policies, standards, and/or regulations to all stages of the staffing process; you educate clients on the appropriate processes and policies to ensure that compliance requirements are met.
- Technical Documentation - You maintain current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation); you capture relevant data in recruiting platform and leverage data to inform meaningful insights.
- Business Impact Knowledge - You execute a hiring plan within aligned business groups; you balance multiple timeframes and expectations for budget, scope, and time.
- Strategic Thinking - You interpret client’s business and requirements to drive a staffing process to promote an optimal internal and external talent mix.
- Talent Engagement - You identify differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered, and provide recommendations to business area.
- Candidate Relationship Management - You use an understanding of talent markets and complex candidate profiles, as well as relationships with talent pools and communities, to identify, secure, and/or develop candidates for immediate and near-future needs and pipelines.
- Developing a Talent Pool - You develop a pipeline that generates strategic and differentiated candidates to meet the future talent needs of the business; you identify unique and non-traditional talent sources (e.g., university recruiting).
- Market Analysis and Channel Insights - You gather external market data and perform analyses to identify market trends and channel insights; you identify insights and share recommendations within team. *Applies only for employees in Sourcing
- Stakeholder/Client Engagement - You bring candidates through the interview and closing process, and work with other teams to meet candidate needs (e.g., onboarding, relocation, Visas, critical dependencies); you close candidates and respond to objections from the business. *Applies only for employees in Client Aligned Recruiting
- Stakeholder/Client Engagement - You identify current and future talent needs through opportunistic exploratory and analysis of market demands, and share findings with the team; you execute plans to proactively consult leaders to create new roles that bring in desired talent. *Applies only for employees in Client Aligned Recruiting
- Workforce Analysis - You gather internal data and perform analyses to identify current state of workforce talent/diversity; you identify hiring needs and share recommendations. *Applies only for employees in Client Aligned Recruiting
- 3+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), human resources experience, or industry experience related to role
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Content creation skills – Ability to create and edit recruitment media such as videos, audio, LinkedIn postings, webinars and other engagements that will connect candidates to our company and roles in a compelling way
- Diversity Recruiting
- LinkedIn Certification
- Project Management
- Spanish and/or Brazilian Portuguese
- Experience working with university recruitment in the United States, Canada and/or LATAM
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.