|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Business Application Group International Engineering (BAG IE) team is looking for an experienced and dynamic IPE to join its growing team of expert engineers contributing to making Business Applications products global in the Cloud!
As part of the centralized BAG Operations group, BAG IE supports a wide range of Business Application products such as Power Apps, Power Automate, Dynamics 365 Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance, Commerce to name a few.
The IPE will work closely with the product teams driving globalization and localizability solutions implementation as well as with our external localization supplier to produce world-ready localized versions of our products user interface and content into multiple languages.
- Manage the software localization of owned product(s)
- Partner with product teams to review features from an internationalization support perspective, contributing to design.
- Provide ongoing localizability and globalization support and guidance to product teams’ engineers and PMs.
- Define and drive the most suitable localization process for the different product and services.
- Contribute to BAG IE localization engineering system through continued optimization of processes and partnership with Localization Architect and IPEs
- Support external localization supplier (define/communicate processes, answer queries, bug fixing etc.)
- Triage and drive international issues to resolution pertaining to areas of ownership.
- 3 years of experience working in software localization engineering.
- Strong knowledge of localizability and globalization concepts and best practices
- Proven experience evangelizing and supporting product teams on internationalization.
- Proven hands-on experience on localization tools & processes and innovation track record.
- Experience localizing software products into multiple languages.
- Proven experience with global product build processes and validation
- Comfortable working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience managing external localization vendors required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Solid technical background; a degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of development tools and coding skills preferred.
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Knowledge of Business Application products is a plus.
Some international travel may be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.