|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world. At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
The Technology for Social Impact Team is chartered with the mission of bringing the power of technology to every non-profit and humanitarian organization to accelerate Social Good. This organization will bring together our donation and grants programs, industry solutions, commercial sales efforts and partner ecosystems to empower non-profits globally to address the world’s most pressing needs. Profits generated from this business will be reapplied to scaling operations and investments for Microsoft’s public good investments. This is a dynamic and fast-growing business focused on helping organizations on the front line of change to do their best work to create inclusive and enduring positive impact throughout our communities.
As the Global Data & AI Cloud Solutions Architect, your primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers, partners and your account team to understand the business’s needs, and then prove and design customer business solutions that leverage the Microsoft Cloud for Business with a focus on Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure. You will own technical and solution envisioning around data platform and analytics, with customers via Microsoft Teams including demos, custom demos, solution designs, implementation plans and proof of concepts.
Find out more about Technology for Social Impact Team at: https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-issues/2019/09/03/small-and-medium-sized-nonprofits-now-have-the-tools-to-bridge-their-own-digital-divides/ & https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/nonprofits
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, etc.).
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, collaborate across organization to remove key blockers.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community and educate customers on Azure platform.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for Azure Consumption Revenue (ACR) and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5+ years of related experience in technical pre and post sales and/or technical consulting roles within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMWare, Google, IBM, Oracle.
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required: SQL including OSS (postgre, MySQL etc), Azure SQL; NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB; Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift; Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau; Data Governance; Data Science; Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server; Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services.
- Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture for data platform and analytics.
- Excellent Communicator: Communication and collaboration, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Azure Data Engineer Certified or Azure Database Administrator Certified or prepared to attain certification within 3 months.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value.
- Understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, platforms, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, senior executives, industry decision makers and or boards.
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit.
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role.
- 4-year degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field desired.
- Takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals.
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.