|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. The Identity division in Cloud + AI delivers world class authentication services for the Microsoft cloud. Azure Active Directory is the identity platform for Azure and Office 365. By using Azure Active Directory, organizations are empowered to offer their employees and partners access to applications (like Office 365), data and resources in a secure and controlled way. Microsoft’s Identity division is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud strategy, we build and operate authentication and authorization services that are used by the millions of Windows, Office, XBOX and Azure users worldwide. The identity division is a customer focused organization with an emphasis on security, a great user experience and high reliability.
If you have experience working with high scale production services come and share your learnings; otherwise bring your passion and willingness to learn. We are hiring engineers who are passionate about learning how to build, scalable, distributed, highly available, and secure cloud native services.
Join our group and help develop services with an emphasis on resiliency and performance using agile engineering methodologies. Our team continuously evaluates the effectiveness of our codebase in production through our live site activities. We are a tight-knit community of engineers who work together every day to solve design, coding, troubleshooting and operational challenges. We value communication and problem-solving skills. Our aim is to be the best and most successful identity service in the world.
A successful candidate will have:
- BS, MS, or PHd in Computer Science (or equivalent industry experience)
- Solid CS fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded, asynchronous programming, strong inclination for architecting at scale
- A strong background in data structures and analysis of algorithm complexity.
- 1-2 years of Software development experience using C#, C++, C, Java, or Python
- Demonstrated problem solving, coding and debugging skills
- Ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks
- Excellence in software engineering practices and coding
- Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming would be a plus
- Experience building and operating scalable distributed systems would be a huge plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies.
Ability to conduct periodic on call duties
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.