|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s core cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. With more than 95% of Fortune 500 business on Azure, 180 million using Office 365, and millions using other services – all running on Microsoft's cloud infrastructure – CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life.
Are you passionate about cloud computing? Do you get excited about transforming Microsoft’s most critical business through driving process improvement and automation? If so, come and help us build the most reliable & efficient datacenter infrastructure on the planet. The CO+I Critical Environment, Hardware and Solutions Engineering (CEHSE) team is responsible for designing and delivering solutions to support datacenter operations and to improve availability. CEHSE is helping to drive CO+I’s transition to a Customer centric live service culture. As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be a key player in this transition, as you will have the opportunity to own and drive transformation for a multi-tiered application used worldwide.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will:
- Own a multi-tiered application used worldwide, which will include driving process improvement, automation and deriving reporting insights for strategic decision making.
- Develop and implement solutions that directly impact the ability of our Data Centers to respond to a rapidly changing environment and that drives operational excellence.
- Research, Identify, and implement key insights that leverage data from logical and physical systems that impact availability of our Cloud resources.
- Assist teams and individuals across the business in framing questions, defining goals and constructing aligned, accurate and actionable metrics to track performance.
- Identify opportunities and drive the implementation of automation to improve service health, manageability, reliability and telemetry.
- Partner closely with Datacenter Services (DCS) Field Operations teams to develop solutions or identify key insights that solve problems in the areas of datacenter physical infrastructure availability, incident management, and safety.
- 2+ years of direct experience with deployment, administration, migration and management in the Azure cloud platform.
- 2+ years of direct experience creating automation within Azure Services such as Geneva Actions, Azure Automation or other such services.
- 4+ years of experience with full-stack troubleshooting across networks, applications, hardware, management fabric or distributed services layers.
- Working knowledge of Electrical or Mechanical fundamentals (Volts vs Amps, CFM, etc)
- 2+ years of strong hands on experience with Data Centric applications. (SQL, Kusto, etc)
- 2+ years hands on experience working with physical IT infrastructure (Servers or Networking) with a focus on gathering, analyzing or acting on telemetry from related systems.
- Direct experience managing a service including migration to Azure, including a secure Azure environment (*ME).
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity and work independently to derive actionable solutions.
- Ability to collaborate across the globe with diverse teams and be able to travel as necessary to learn and support operations in US and internationally, up to 25%.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.