|Job Type:||Full Time|
The availability of so much data is one of the greatest gifts of our day. In the world of big data, raw, unorganized data is often stored in relational, non-relational, and other storage systems. However, on its own, raw data doesn't have the proper context or meaning to provide meaningful insights to analysts, data scientists, or business decision makers. Big data requires a service that can orchestrate and operationalize processes to refine these enormous stores of raw data into actionable business insights. Azure Data Factory is a serverless, fully managed cloud native service that's built for these complex hybrid extract-transform-load (ETL), extract-load-transform (ELT), and data integration projects, enterprise customers can create data driven workflows in the cloud for orchestrating and automating data movement and data transformation at scale.
Our team builds and operates highly reliable, scalable and performing Azure platform for customers to consume data from multiple systems while maintaining control and compliance over the data, allow for better and faster data driven decisions to be made by the enterprises. This is a tremendously compelling mission to fundamentally transforming businesses and revolutionize the world, and we are at the heart of this revolution. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of an agile team, take on hard distributed system problems and ship high impact features at a fast pace.
As an engineer, you have an opportunity to work on distributed system and big data technologies to build a massively scalable cloud platform service. You will collaborate closely with other developers, program managers and designers, and participate in all stages of Azure Data Factory service lifecycle – from initial research, prototyping, development, testing, debugging, all the way through deployment in production and operational readiness. You will have the opportunity to build end-to-end customer facing capabilities across components and stack, and ensure that all these capabilities are monitored, healthy and highly reliable. You will also engage customers and community to learn their use cases and incorporate customer feedback into future product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry engineering experience
- 3+ years of programming implementation experience in Java OR C++ OR C OR object-oriented programming
- Experience building and shipping production grade software or services.
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD).
- Great curiosity and willingness to question.
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems.
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
- Experience with Open-Source Big Data Stack such as Hadoop, HIVE, SPARK, HBASE etc.
- Experience with any of the ETL, data integration products or any industrial data service.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.