|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role:
Samsara is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class hardware and software support to our largest and most prestigious enterprise customers. You will be part of the Premier Support Team within the umbrella of the Global Technical Support organization and will have the opportunity to solve exciting and complex technical problems. You will be responsible for providing high-touch, white-glove customer service and direct technical assistance for our top-tier customers across multiple industries.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and a strong technical background with at least 5+ years of hands-on experience in a technical environment role. You understand the day-to-day aspects of supporting customers including managing tickets, authoring knowledge base articles, and providing product feedback to our Engineering and PM teams. The role reports to the Head of Premier Technical Support, a team responsible for taking care of Samsara’s enterprise and elite customer base.
In this role, you will focus on:
- Product Expertise: Become an expert on Samsara’s product portfolio of complete Internet of Things (“IoT”) solutions combining hardware, software, cloud, and mobile computing to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations.
- Technical Troubleshooting: Use your technical knowledge and product expertise to troubleshoot and solve customer issues with medium to high complexity.
- Responsiveness & Resolution: Respond to customers and resolve their inquiries in a timely and helpful manner with a primary focus on meeting our SLA goals.
- Documentation: Partner with Enablement to author and maintain customer-facing knowledge base articles to help improve the self-servisablity for our end users.
- Partnerships: Work closely to develop partnerships with our Engineering and Product teams in order to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary.
- Feedback Loop: Provide direct feedback to Support management for product and process improvements to ensure best-in-class customer experience.
- Team Player: Be a champion of Samsara’s cultural values: (1) Obsess Over the Customer, (2) Build for the Long Term, and (3) Have a Growth Mindset.
Technical Job Requirements:
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration is required
- Database experience in query languages such as SQL and GraphQL is required
- Troubleshooting experience with API and various types of integrations is necessary
- Strong familiarity with using CRMs like Zendesk and Salesforce
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a big plus
An ideal candidate has:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, or other technical field
- 5+ years of experience in support, engineering, or other technical role is required
- Working experience in an Enterprise level customer environment
- White glove customer service and strong interpersonal skills are a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- you can speak and write both Engineer and Human
- Ability to influence engineers, product managers, and leaders across the company
- Strong bias for action, ability to dive deep, and insist on the highest standards
- Ability to work in a hyper growth environment with shifting priorities
- Willingness to work flexible hours during nights or weekends is preferred
- Spanish speaker or bilingual is a big plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.