This is an exciting opportunity for Logistics Site Managers #OR005 in Portland, Oregon.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Direct, manage and lead a cross-functional team to ensure speed, dependability and efficiency in Parts Distribution Center operations or warehouse, providing excellent product availability and service to Distributors and Aftermarket customers and internal stakeholders.
- Provide overall leadership for a small to medium Parts Distribution Center.
- Responsible for delivering on/better than plan performance for Key Performance Indicators.
- Accountable for Service Level Agreement commitments to General Managers of all Business Units whose products are distributed through the facility.
- Jointly develop and execute business strategies with other staff members responsible for Global Materials, Transportation, Logistics Improvement & Data Integration functions.
- Coordinate key business support activities required to operate facilities effectively, including Safety, Security & Facilities Management, Quality Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Excellence (Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing), Sales and Operations Planning, Finance and Accounting.
- Prepare and manage an annual operating plan including expense, resources, and capital, employee/labor relations, community involvement, diversity, health, safety, and environmental practices, fostering the right environment in the areas of safety, ethical behavior and financial compliance standards.
- Manage Capital Investment requirements (Personal Protection Equipment & Information Technology) to support business plans.
- Manage and develop supply chain capability, and work with employees to set goals in training and development, performance, and career planning.
- Champion continuous improvement projects that align with Operating System and Functional Excellence direction by leveraging common processes, tools and manufacturing information systems.
- Ensure supply chains, intra-company and intercompany, meet all customer and business requirements.
- Align with internal business partners to garner support and advocacy of enterprise Supply Chain initiatives.
- Review Key Performance Indicators and operational trends to validate root cause analysis and corrective action plans.
- Intervene to address supply chain failures and set the aim for the organization and ensure individual work plans are consistent with supply chain initiatives in order to execute those initiatives.
- Use experience in the management of safety programs to oversee the health, safety and environmental programs.
- Use experience in inventory control to manage the custody and control of large sums of product inventory and use P&L management to manage cost and operating expenses effectively and produce cost reduction year over year.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Parts Distribution
- Key Performance Indicators
- Quality and Supply Chain Management
- Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing
- Root cause analysis and corrective action plans
- Set and execute supply chain initiatives
- Employee/labor relations
- Financial compliance standards
- Management of safety programs
- Inventory control and P&L management
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
- Position requires a Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 3 years of experience as a Logistics or Manufacturing Engineer or Leader or related position.
- Alternatively, the employer will accept a Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 6 years of experience as a Logistics or Manufacturing Engineer or Leader or related position.
JOB SITE: Portland, Oregon
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week - 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
To apply, go to www.cummins.com and refer to Job ID #OR005
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins