This is an exciting opportunity for Technical Service Support Specialists – Senior #MN179 in Shoreview, Minnesota.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Serve as technical support resource providing diagnostic support on complex warranty and non-warranty repair events.
- Develop more complex repair plans.
- Utilize Diagnostics Application to troubleshoot issues following guided work flows, procedures, specialized equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair.
- Document the results of diagnostic and repair actions in the appropriate database.
- Support field investigations which require partnering with service providers, Original Equipment Manufacturers, suppliers and customers to resolve complex or systemic issues using the 7 Step Product Problem Solving Process and Fault Tree Analysis.
- Provide input and participates in the development of new tools and processes to enhance diagnostics and improve communications.
- Utilize knowledge of Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) to drive reduction in variation complexity and downtime.
- Identify emerging issues, initiates problem solving, documents product and customer impact information to support priority for corrective action.
- Escalate product improvement opportunities through appropriate forums.
- Ensure new information regarding technical solutions and service procedures is communicated to the appropriate organizations.
- Utilize root cause analysis to methodically isolate the root cause of failures on products.
- Develop interim solutions to minimize customer downtime.
- Identify available hardware and software tools required for service utilizing the Electronic Service Tool Application to maintain the product or diagnose and troubleshoot issues, and interpret electronic tool results or recommendations to determine next steps for service resolution.
- Create and verify customer, equipment and technical information following procedures.
- Documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of work performed.
- Obtain product technical issue information and utilize data management tools to elevate issues, balance timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts and capture all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner.
- Apply the Service Capability, Capacity, and Coverage to understand customer expectations, business priorities, and where products are operating to provide capable and consistent service through available parts, information, tools, and qualified technicians according to published standards.
- Analyze Service Capability Metrics to identify, prioritize and resolve channel development opportunities within the service network.
- This position will focus a significant portion of time on diagnostic and issue resolution related to the PowerGen PowerCommand Control systems.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Diagnostics Application
- 7 Step Product Problem Solving Process and Fault Tree Analysis
- Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control)
- Root cause analysis
- Electronic Service Tool Application
- Service Documentation
- Service Capability, Capacity, and Coverage process
- Service Capability Metrics
- Control Systems
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
- Position requires a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management or related field and 2 years of experience as a Mechanical, Service or Applications Engineer, or related position.
- Alternatively, the employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management or related field and five years of experience as a Mechanical, Service or Applications Engineer, or related position.
JOB SITE: Shoreview, Minnesota
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week - 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
To apply, go to www.cummins.com and refer to Job ID #MN179
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins