|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to join a fast-paced team delivering industry leading wireless products? Microsoft’s Surface is looking for a talented individual to join the RF team to develop hardware designs for wireless-enabled consumer electronic devices (cellular, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc). You will be part of a multi-function product development team where you will work cross-functionally with RF engineers, antenna engineers, SW/FW engineers, verification teams, factory test teams, and program managers delivering best-in-class wireless solutions for mass-production devices.
We are looking for a Senior RF Engineer to focus on RF hardware design for our next generation of Surface devices. A strong mix of technical breadth and depth will allow you to work cross-functionally with different disciplines (Industrial Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Thermal, Software and Firmware) to develop compelling innovative products. You will work across internal teams to architect, design and develop RF circuits and systems, select key strategic components, and work with a motivated team to develop and deliver the product to market. You will also use your product development experience to provide leadership and guidance to the RF team and development partners.
Key Responsibilities and Required Experience:
- Develop and review schematic, PCB layout, and BOMs to meet the design requirements.
- Analyze the design with simulation tools and models to verify its conformance to the design requirements and system integration.
- Perform RF lineup analysis to ensure a robust design that achieves end-product certification and performance requirements.
- Collaborate with ME, EE, SW, design verification, manufacturing test, and other design disciplines to optimize the RF sub-system within the product from concept to completion in the factory, including addressing robust system integration to minimize RF desense.
- Provide support to factory, regulatory (EMI, EMC) and reliability teams to achieve requirements associated to the RF sub-system.
- Design, build and test rapid prototypes for evaluation of new product ideas or technology concepts.
- Conduct design/debug investigations and support development, maintenance, failure analysis, and resolution activities.
- Develop project documentation including specifications, schematic diagrams, PCB layouts, schedules and presentations to meet requirements and communicate the RF hardware design and its progress.
- BSEE or higher, with emphasis on RF hardware design and communications theory.
- 10+ years of experience designing, implementing, and shipping consumer electronics products with responsibility for the RF sub-system.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of core engineering principles, fundamental circuit design, and analytical techniques is required.
- Strong competency and experience using simulation and modeling tools such as HFSS and ADS.
- Experience working with EE and ME teams to ensure a low-noise system design.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.