|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Do you enjoy challenging projects with high visibility and impact?
- Do you thrive on managing multiple projects simultaneously and fostering effective relationships?
- Do you have a passion for gaming?
If you do, then come and join our team!
As a Release Manager we build effective business relationships with game publishers and developers, to prepare them effectively and proactively for the certification, release and lifecycle management of their games. In a constantly changing industry, we collaborate to identify trends and create consistently improved processes across all of our platforms. This opportunity impacts the overall Xbox and Windows gaming experience for our customers and publishers.
This role demands someone who is a detail-oriented self-starter, great at prioritizing and organizing their deliverables, has exceptional communication skills and is a proven set of program management skills. You should excel at problem solving, breaking down complex issues into action plans and be willing to jump in to drive tasks to a successful conclusion. You should be comfortable working with partners at all levels both inside and outside of Microsoft and be able to influence at multiple levels from peers to Senior Management.
- Act as the primary contact and intermediary between internal and external submission partners.
- Demonstrate accountability in fostering and maintaining strong and effective counterpart and global V-team relationships.
- Interpret and communicate submission results, provide frequent status updates, maintain scheduling and oversee all aspects of a successful certification pass.
- Be a willing student and teacher with your peers amidst a complicated business that is rapidly moving and constantly changing. Provide education to internal and external partners.
- Deliver tough messages diplomatically (i.e. failing results in certification, impact of slipping dates) and quickly drive toward solutions to problems.
- Positively influence publishers and Microsoft groups by planning for and effectively managing complex and mission-critical dates.
- Build and navigate a robust corporate network. Establish and maintain relationships with internal resources while seeking out opportunities to leverage knowledge when advocating for publishers.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex problems of a mid-level technical nature related to submissions and publishing.
- Understand technical details of each submission and communicate various aspects of the certification process to the associated publishers/developers and internal teams.
- Actively seek out opportunities to increase the breadth and depth of knowledge in relation to the business, process and operational needs.
- Demonstrate problem-solving abilities, particularly when confronted with time-sensitive and ambiguous issues that require collaborative evaluation and resolution.
Advocacy – Business Insight/Drive Results/Process Performance
- Drive change and efficiency with internal and external partners.
- Provide creative solutions to difficult problems under tight deadlines.
- Coordinate and review dozens of submissions per month while seeking to reduce the pass-fail ratio of our publishers’ submissions.
- Identify process improvements and define requirements for current and future tools and process needs.
- Provide compelling business rationale to Engineering, Platform, Certification etc. to successfully resolve publisher issues/requests and drive future improvements.
- Provide superior engagement documentation that enables business agility, deep business intelligence, knowledge sharing and improved submission quality.
- Consistently demonstrate the aptitude to proactively prepare publishers for submissions.
- Manage the integration of multiple diverse processes across functional teams into a seamless process that benefits publishers and across Microsoft.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years of Technical experience, Project or Program Management required.
- History of making important business decisions with confidence and persuading others.
- Ability to scope problems by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes.
- Excellent problem resolution and decision-making skills.
- A passion for gaming, the Xbox platform and the gaming industry.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to handle fluctuating priorities and projects in a consistent manner without a decline in performance or advocacy.
- Strong aptitude for effective computer-based tools utilization.
- Know the Xbox One and Windows gaming platforms including Xbox LIVE and scenarios that might influence publisher product release decisions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.