|Job Type:||Full Time|
At 343 Industries we’re building the future of the Halo Franchise. A foundational component of that future will be our capacity to generate and leverage player insights. To help us build that foundation, we’re seeking an Insights Manager to join the Franchise Analytics Team.
Successful candidates will have demonstrable experience fostering a data-driven culture that enables stakeholders to make informed decisions through data that positively impact the business. The individual in this role will work across game and business teams to understand and operationalize their analytical requirements and priorities and work closely with analysts to create and deliver insightful analyses. The ability to share and communicate player insights effectively to people of varied technical and analytical backgrounds is key to success in this role. Knowledge and previous application of a variety of analyses including those related to business intelligence, inferential, and applied statistics are required. Finally, this individual will be an active collaborator with their analytics peers—sharing expertise and leveraging the work of others to enhance impact is a pillar of the Franchise Analytics Team’s success and culture.
- Work closely with analytics and design teams to manage and improve the performance of product KPIs
- Create and drive the right priority of analyses across multiple game teams and across the studio
- Discover key findings that inform decisions and broadcast those to the game teams and throughout the studio
- Interpret data and analyses, write reports, create dashboards, and make actionable recommendations
- Evangelize analysis results to key stakeholders to positively impact player and business outcomes
- Collaborate with analysts to build necessary data sets, visualization, and analyses to craft data stories and influence decisions across the studio
- 3+ years experience in a games product management or games analyst role, preferably F2P / Games as a Service games
- 3+ years working with visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI or Similar)
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate the results of analytics project to influence key stakeholders
- Ability to assimilate relevant data from various sources and provide key insights that drive recommendations
- Ability to distill informal game or business requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Strong analytical skills
- Experienced in Agile methodologies, be able to create and help maintain a backlog of work
- Proficient in directly querying data, experience with Microsoft Data Explorer a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.