|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Miami, Florida, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Reston, Virginia, Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you wake up every morning hoping to work with a startup team building a new technical organization, and working with customers? Our team is looking for a Business Manager who loves to learn and is eager to be part of a new team in a well-funded organization.
The Global Applied Engineering team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to jointly develop code to solve their biggest challenges and to accelerate their organization. We work in collaboration with Microsoft product teams, partners and open-source communities to empower our customers to do more with the cloud. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
We develop solutions side-by-side with our customers through collaborative innovation to solve their challenges. This work involves the development of broadly applicable, high-impact solution patterns and open-source software assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform. In this role, you will be working with engineers from your team and your customers’ teams to apply our skills, perspectives, and creativity to grow as engineers and solve our customers’ toughest challenges.
This role is responsible for the Rhythm of Business, organizational planning, business reviews, owns the team financials, budget planning, and aligns sales & delivery forecasting within the team and plays a key role in communications and initiatives. Bringing broad and deep business acumen, sound decision-making and operational excellence to bear is essential in this role. These capabilities are key in order for the organization to execute effectively and efficiently in service of delivering on strategy, core priorities and fiscal targets as measured by business satisfaction and a healthy scorecard. This position requires cross-group coordination and the ability to manage high impact work on short deadlines.
- Prioritize landing FY21 Organizational and Operating Model changes and drive adoption within your organization.
- Coordinate/Orchestrate Strategic Planning Process and Business RoB’s
- Employee Engagement and People Management; Support leadership as they Attract, Retain and Develop employees in a highly competitive talent market.
- Communications: create sustained, pervasive connections and conversations across our organization to deliver better employee experience and organizational performance.
- Be the central program management coordination point for team collaboration between GAE and other teams (all-up view of organization execution
- Be a key leader for adoption of process, policy and tool changes.
- Orchestrate Change Management across Services Process/Policy/tools.
- Act as the escalation point for systemic compliance issues.
- You are the primary point person to drive compliance actions throughout your organization.
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management, startup experience and/or operations
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration
- Enabling Change
- Optimizing Resources & Budgets
- Setting Goals & Expectations
- Program Management
- Project Management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.