|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions.
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud AI & Advanced Systems Engineering (CAASE) team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for hardware manufacturing, improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a Principal Hardware Engineer to join the team.
#CAASE #AZURE #Cloud
- Working with other engineers to design, test and debug complex hardware technologies for product development.
- Developing guidelines for manufacturing, system bring-up, validation and system evaluation.
- Learn, analyze and work with new interfaces and subsystems, break down complex issues and collaborate across cross-functional teams to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Uses statistical analysis to identify highly complex problems or flaws that may affect a range of feature or product design changes. Identifies possible solutions to novel and complex problems.
- Own the engineering interface between the EG, development team, ODM vendors and the factory test/calibration team in the form of a behavioral and test scenario development.
- Perform design reviews on supplier’s proposed test methods and act as approver of facilitator for dev team discussion and feedback to the supplier.
- Perform NUD (New, Unique, Different) module feature analysis against supplier’s capabilities and provide risk mitigation for identified gaps.
- Analyze and evaluate build data for each module engineering build, presenting summary to the development team and adjusting test spec limits based on build analysis.
- Own a calibration source plan for the product, assuring a continuous supply of approved sources for the expected module life.
- BS / MS Electrical/Mechanical or System Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience in electrical or system level design across all stages of the development and release cycles
- Proficient at Cadence EDA tools (schematic and layout)
- Experience with high speed analog and digital circuit design
- Hands on experience in prototyping and validating proof of concept PCB design.
- Experience developing hardware component and system level specifications.
- Experience developing hardware verification and functional test plans.
- Experience working across disciplines and organizations to resolve complex issues.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Fundamental knowledge of the following HW design principals: Signal Integrity, Power Design, Computer Architecture
- Working knowledge of mechanical and thermal system design considerations
- Experience with Industry Safety Standards (UL)
- Experience with product testing
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Knowledge of high-volume server design and manufacturing is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a high paced product development environment.
- Willing to travel internationally up to 15%.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.