|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you see yourself as a coach, a guide, a collaborator and an engineer? Would you be excited to drive major changes to a high scale service that is critical to the company? Do you care deeply about fostering a great team culture? We are looking for an Engineering Manager for the commerce support tooling team who embraces these roles and is excited by this technology.
Do you want to play a critical and contribute for building the next generation of commerce support tools for our most strategic products at Microsoft – Azure, O365, Xbox, etc.? We are on a journey to completely revolutionize how Microsoft engages in commercial transactions with our customers by moving to a brand-new platform called Modern. We need to empower our thousands of support agents around the globe with world class support tools to allow them to quickly troubleshoot and resolve customer issues. The objective is to provide a world class experience for our customers on both our current and new Modern platform that surpasses anything that are competitors can provide.
Commercial Services Tools (CST) team is part of the larger C+E division develops some of Microsoft’s largest scale and business critical cloud services. The platform integrates with all of Microsoft’s key services - Windows App Store, Windows Phone, XBOX, Bing Ads, Office 365, Azure to name just a few. Whether issuing a credit, transferring accounts, cancellation of invoices, credit/rebill of purchases for Xbox LIVE, Windows or Windows Phone device, Azure services, CSS are using the CST and CMAT platform.
We are the CST Services team and are responsible for the services which power Microsoft’s customer support management tools. We specialize in a massive transactional infrastructure that handles the core commerce functionality of Azure, Xbox Live, Windows and Phone services. Customer agent uses these tools to handle customer escalations of Windows App Store, Windows Phone, XBOX, Bing Ads, Office 365 and Azure.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who embraces the cultural values of inclusion and belonging and feels empowered to do the following:
Coach – Work with each person on your team to help them to do their best work and grow. You define and foster an identity for the team that includes a reputation for high quality, reliability, and inclusivity.
Guide – Define the business goals for the team then create and execute on a plan to meet those goals. You will build a vision for changing the underlying technology of the service and guide the team through landing it while maintaining the availability of the live site.
Collaborate – Strive to understand the motivations and goals of the teams we’re working with and work towards a better solution together.
Engineer – Care deeply about the availability, resilience, latency, scalability and cost of the critical 5-9s service we are running. You are excited about making major changes to the service while maintaining availability and latency.
- Lead and support a team of 5-10 engineers to deliver high quality business objectives.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership: architecture, design, code reviews, development, quality assurance and live site.
- Drive modern engineering practices such as continuous integration, unit testing, automated deployments with integrated quality gates.
- Collaborate with teams across the company in Office and Azure.
- Hire, retain and grow top talent.
- Foster a healthy and inclusive team environment.
- Be a mentor for the people on your team and help them grow.
- BSc/BA in computer science, or equivalent in related technical experience.
- Experience as an engineering manager, or a technical lead with a passion for coaching and mentoring others.
- Experience in driving a complex multi-year enterprise project would be desirable.
- 10+ years of experience building commercial grade software, with much of that experience in a large scale, high availability service.
- Experience with API surfaces and caching systems is desirable.
- Experience with building cloud services, data analytics, and ability to translate high-level technical requirements through all the levels of the software stack is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.