In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Completing preventative maintenance and/or basic repair activities on generators or components at the customer site with minimal direction.
- Engaging with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Applying the use of specialized tools and following documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete basic repairs, including preparing required parts and tools.
- Completing required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completing training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Adhere to all our relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Broad mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance abilities.
- High Voltage / Low Voltage experience.
- Capable of electrical repair and maintenance with minimal supervision – hands on exposure to working on power generation products.
- Apprentice Certified Power Generation / Electrical Technician (Preferred)
- Must be legally eligible to drive and have a clear driver abstract.
Depending on the top candidate this position may come in at the levels below:
- (Entry) Technician Level I: Limited relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on a minimal number of products in-scope a for diesel technician at this location; primarily engaged in maintenance or basic repairs/diagnostics; requires direct supervision and review of workmanship quality.
- (Intermediate) Technician Level II: Some relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on an intermediate number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location; primarily engaged in moderately complex maintenance and repair; some exposure to moderate or complex diagnostics, requires limited direct supervision, may provide basic training or guidance to new technicians.
- (Advanced) Technician Level III: Significant relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on most or all of products in-scope for a technician at this location; frequently engaged in complex diagnosis and repair; requires minimal to no supervision; ability to effectively train and guide less experienced technicians of varying skillsets.