Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make you community a better place and work with most innovative thinkers to solve world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented electronics systems technical specialist- software to join our team specializing in Cummins Electronics and Fuel Systems for our Component Business Segment in Columbus, IN.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- This applied technology position creates software that is sold as an integral part of Cummins’ products. People in these positions will have involvement in specification, design, implementation, testing and/or release of software that controls the operation of Cummins’ products in a variety of customer applications.
- Investigates embedded software problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results.
Applies and improves embedded software development processes and tools. Processes include model-based development, coding, compiling and test. Tools include Simulink, code editors, integration tools, static analysis tools, compilers and hardware in the loop test tools.
- Obtains input and negotiates with product and software development teams and delivers verified software features, components, builds to product teams. Makes decisions in the areas of software requirements, architecture, design, implementation and test that impact the quality and performance of software subsystems and feature classes.
Responsible for review of less-experienced developers/testers’ work to ensure robust, reusable, and efficient designs
- Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge.
- Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers.
- Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
University, or equivalent bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required. Post-graduate (Master's) degree relevant to this discipline area may be required for select roles. This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience (3 plus years) in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making. Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred
- Keys skills: Embedded C, C , basic NI LabView & NI TestStand, embedded software testing, electronic product testing and validation plans, technical writing and reporting. AUTOSAR experience is preferred. Autosar Base SW testing Engineer needed to support testing development/automation for CSAR.
- Responsibilities: Validation of embedded software, release testing, FMEA analysis, test plan design ensuring code coverage, Unit testing of hand code, new process creations, root cause analysis for embedded software.
- Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: