|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Compensation Specialist Role conducts competitive market analysis and develops recommendations to ensure Microsoft’s compensation and benefits programs are set to deliver against established compensation and benefits objectives. In addition, the role also supports regional C&B (compensation & benefits) manager(s) in delivering high quality compensation and benefits recommendations with data driven decisions.
Program Design & Adaptation
- Communications - You assist in creation of materials to socialize proposed changes associated with a specific new or existing compenstaion program (e.g., Total Rewards)
- Job Analysis – You contribute to compensation programs by conducting analyses (e.g., job evaluations, job classifications/job matching, total compensation analysis) following established procedures using market data and internal/external measures such as surveys and polls.
- Needs Analysis – You identify new compensation needs and opportunities, process break downs, and program design issues.
- Program Execution – You partner with internal teams before and during the implementation of a compensation program to execute project plans and share materials.
- Readiness and Implementation – You develop implementation and readiness materials for multiple components of a compensation program.
- Compensation Analysis – You run multiple components or elements of compensation programs by conducting compensation analyses; you prepare and validate reports; you communicate recommendations and results within the team to support business and HR plans; you develop compensation models for assessing impact.
- Market Analysis – You analyze market data and adhere to company policies and procedures to execute compensation processes and practices and report information.
- Troubleshooting – You advise clients and partners on compensation policies; you follow up on concerns and challenges by providing specific compensation support.
- 2+ years of general human resources experience or other related work experience
- OR 1+ years of directly related compensation work experience
- OR 1+ years of data analysis experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 2+ years of compensation, general human resources, or related business work experience.
- Compensation project management experience
- Compensation program design experience
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of Access and PowerBI are a plus
- Excellent organization, presentation and interpersonal skills required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.