|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to help deliver cutting edge technology to Azure? Are you passionate about quality? Do you like collaborative solutions? Does providing top-tier seamless customer experiences on one the largest global fleets sound exciting? Are you interested in predictive analytics?
We in the Cloud Hardware and Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) team within Azure are responsible for the definition, design, development, and support of the hardware that is delivered into Microsoft Datacenters. We focus on delivering solutions required for our cloud service platforms at the lowest possible cost of ownership (TCO) and providing great customer experiences on unreliable hardware.
In the CHIE Hardware Health Service development team, you will design and implement global scalable cloud services to monitor the fleet’s hardware health and predict anomalies and pending failures. As part of a team, working closely with the core Azure teams and the data center operations teams, you monitor hardware health and automatic corrective actions.
You will be an integral member of the extended team that ensures customers are not impacted by unreliable hardware and drive down TCO. You will partner with internal SWE and PM team members and external partners to ensure highly available, fully secure, accurate and actionable results based on hardware health signals, policies, and predictive analytics. As a SDE, you have strong design and coding skills, quick learning abilities, and confidence to ship reliable software.
- Bachelors required. MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science desired
- 5+ years of Cloud Service development or test, debug and validation experience (preferably on Azure)
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience with services and live site
- A soundtrack-record of shipping products and having been through at least one development cycle
- Experience working in collaborative teams and cross-group efforts.
- Development of Ring 0 services or services that have demonstrated high ratings on core fundamentals
- Understanding of hardware and devices, or familiarity with Windows health and error reporting
- Familiarity with storage, networking and hardware protocols e.g FPGA, GPU, SATA, SAS, PCIe, I2C, SPI, USB buses
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress when situations are in flux
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com