|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
The team’s charter is to build out end to end Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure while driving down unit costs and ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a crucial member of the team you’ll also support long term investments and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of competition. All while enhancing transparency into Cloud Infrastructure investments, safeguarding shareholder interest.
The Cloud Hardware and Emerging Technologies team is responsible for driving optimization of emerging technologies and hardware solutions to support the margins and health of Microsoft’s cloud offers. This Sr. Finance Manager role is a critical part of this team directly partnering with our Storage and Specialized Compute (Machine Learning and Training) teams to evaluate, analyze, and influence our hardware server designs.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has curiosity to learn the Azure and Cloud business and wants to make impact through strong partnership with key finance and engineering partners, continuous process improvements, and driving business insight. The role is focused on strategic product decision as they intersect with hardware and requires the ability to deal with ambiguity and whitespace.
This role is a great opportunity to:
- Partner with the engineering and product marketing teams to support end-to-end product planning and long-term steady state profitability strategies.
- Drive and support executive level decision making of hardware and server design decision across executive business and sr. finance leaders.
- Manage the financial health of new and existing workloads through insightful reporting, accurate forecasting, and long-range planning aligned to steady state gross margin targets.
- Influence teams to drive best in class design vs. external competitive metrics.
- Drive alignment of hardware, software, and infrastructure deliverable timelines and roadmaps to ensure successful and on time launches.
- Thought leadership partnering across finance orgs, engineering, product marketing, and other partner groups to drive improved profit margins.
Our team values the following set of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
- Bachelor's degree in related finance, business or related field, MBA preferred
- 6+ years of relevant experience with progressive advancement within your discipline
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Proven data and financial modeling capabilities and ability to work within Excel and Power Point
- Ability to communicate complex analysis in a simple way. Executive level oral and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high-impact project results through both individual and v-team efforts
- Self-starter driving best-in-class decision support in ambiguous environments
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence others without direct authority and appropriately push back when required
- Comfort working at multiple altitudes, from strategic/high-level projects to detailed COGS analysis
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, quickly prioritize for impact and the resourcefulness to deliver
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.