In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Applies and improves embedded software development processes and tools. Processes include model-based development, coding, compiling and test. Tools include Simulink, code editors, integration tools, static analysis tools, compilers and hardware in the loop test tools.
- Obtains input and negotiates with product and software development teams and delivers verified software features, components, builds to product teams.
- Makes decisions in the areas of software requirements, architecture, design, implementation and test that impact the quality and performance of software subsystems and feature classes.
- Responsible for review of less-experienced developers/testers’ work to ensure robust, reusable, and efficient designs
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Education: College, university, or equivalent bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required. Post-graduate (Master's) degree relevant to this discipline area may be required for select roles.
3 – 5-year experience in the following categories
- Implementing Low level driver and diagnostic routines for the following I/O (Analogs, Discrete, Hbridge)
- Experience dealing with Infineon, NXP or Arm Cores
- Experience developing SPI interface and working with SPI devices that drive/diagnose I/O and flash memory
- Experience with Generic Timer Module or enhanced Time Processor Unit micro coding
- Experience with Autosar Architecture and Tools supporting Architecture
- Experience in UDS, KWP, or J1939 protocols
- Experience with Hitex, Windriver, or GNU compilers
- Proficient in programming/Scripting languages such as C,C , Perl ,Python, etc
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.