|Job Type:||Full Time|
Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Enablement Team
As a part of the Enablement Team, you will have the opportunity to impact the growth and development of Thumbtack's frontline operations teams, ranging from sales, success, customer support and Trust & Safety. You will join a fast-paced team that works on a wide variety of initiatives that support Thumbtack’s mission of providing a great experience in our marketplace for both our pros and customers.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Enablement Specialist to work with our team in the Greater Salt Lake area. This will be a remote position until at least July 2021. The Enablement Specialist will play a foundational role in helping us design, develop and deliver new learning materials and New Hire onboarding across our sales, success, customer support and Trust & Safety teams.
- Design & create learning materials, including new hire onboarding curricula, ongoing skill refresher training, and career development programs including scoping, design, development, delivery and assessment using a variety of delivery modalities
- Collaborate closely with the Content, Enablement and Operations teams to design a variety of learning solutions to meet business needs
- Delivery of classroom training (virtual and in-person) as needed
- Track and report on completion of training and enablement milestones
- Work in a self-directed manner and report back on multiple projects, sometimes with rapidly evolving needs
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 3 - 5 years experience in instructional design, training and/or enablement with emphasis on virtual learning and adult learning concepts using a mix of written, visual and interactive designs
- Proficient with design tools, such as Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Rise, and Captivate and how to implement them within a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple training and design projects and consult with subject matter experts and key stakeholders
- Experience delivering classroom training, virtual and/or in-person
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) and collaboration skills
- Prior experience in a sales, success or customer service environment
- Prior experience in developing e-Learning modules
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.