|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Okta’s Lifecycle Marketing team plays a critical role in accelerating Okta’s growth via strategic lifecycle nurture design for our engaged prospects and customers. As a part of the Demand Generation organization, our charter is simple: to build better buyers. From helping engaged prospects deepen their knowledge of our value proposition all the way through ensuring that customers know the best solutions to adopt (and renew!), our team is there leading the way. Our day to day work involves building strategic plans for ensuring that the buyers we build are the best they can be, collaborating with stakeholders to coordinate our motions, and executing on our plans with active builds of complex nurture streams that are designed to surpass every known marketing benchmark. Our goals and work mandate are lofty—as is our passion for fun and success!
Putting this into action, you can expect on a day-to-day basis to be building strategic messaging plans for our buyers by lifecycle stage and socializing/improving those plans over time, creating milestones and goals that demonstratively impact our marketing and sales funnel, creating messaging briefs (or the messaging itself) for all steps in your journeys, creating or curating assets for use, and more. As a team, our strategy is to build and own the journey and all nurtures therein while working with boundary teams or agencies to build out assets and copy. In this role specifically, you will be our CIAM (customer identity) expert and owner for all-things-CIAM that go into our customer-focused adoption, renewal, and cross-sell/up-sell nurtures.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with customer and/or product marketing; bonus if that includes integrated lifecycle up-sell, cross-sell, renewal, and adoption campaigns. They will be able to own multiple cross-functional relationships (this role is cross-functional by nature), create program/project plans, track and mitigate risks, and be proactive in communicating out-and-up against our CIAM customer lifecycle marketing goals for the year. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and presentation skills and be comfortable moving between high-level strategy and day-to-day execution.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (some or all of these may apply)
- Partner with Product Marketing to understand the unique persona needs for our Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) product (especially the developer persona)
- Execute on our lifecycle marketing strategy by designing and facilitating the execution of adoption, renewal, and upsell journeys that engage customers and encourage them to become better Okta users and buyers
- Monitor and optimize your programs to ensure they are performing against targets and pivot when needed
- Identify content gaps and develop assets alongside product marketing and agencies to fill those gaps in an effort to tell a cohesive story for the CIAM persona and use case
- Be ready to examine your work carefully with data and be ready to support your decisions when the data and anecdotes differ (or when they are similar!)
- Personalize content for our different target audiences and make recommendations for when that targeting requires updates
- Prior experience building successful multi-channel and integrated campaigns
- Prior experience focusing on customer adoption, renewal journeys, and/or developer persona a plus
- 6+ years of overall industry experience; 4+ years of closely related experience
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in a business, marketing or technical field preferred
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence to manage multiple stakeholders and programs at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with Excel, advanced marketing and reporting tools, and data sets
- Strong Salesforce administration skills in specialized campaign management, campaign member uploads, campaign scoring, and lead scoring models
- Strong data and analytical skills — using and interpreting data and analytics to quantify and improve marketing results
- Strong project management skills with an ability to create, execute, and adjust plans as needed
- A desire to have fun, work hard, and drive results for yourself and others
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.