|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Okta is seeking an experienced senior social media specialist to tell the Okta story. In this role, you will report to Okta’s Content Marketing Manager, Social Media and you will help drive our social media and corporate content strategy. You will represent the Okta brand and be the arbiter of our tone and voice down to every word, emdash, and emoji. You will work closely with our social media agency and help develop one-of-a-kind global campaigns, launch our Events and Life At Okta strategy, and engage with all audiences. We’re working to significantly grow our social presence in the coming year and you will be a pivotal part of this expansion.
Okta’s content and communications team’s vision is that everyone knows, shares, and advocates for the Okta story. We work around the world to shape internal and external conversations about Okta, identity, security, and technology innovation. We engage with press, analysts, the public, customers, and employees, and are considered the company spokespeople and content creators. You will play a key role in this growing team and our evolving story.
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing and social media in-house or at an agency.
- Experience managing the day-to-day operations of social media channels including content creation, publishing, community management, and analytics.
- Experience with social media publishing, listening, and analytics tools.
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal teams and leadership to develop cross-functional social media content and campaigns.
- Ability to turn social measurement into insights and create actionable, data-backed reports, compile results, and provide recommendations.
- A creative mindset, with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and know when to engage.
- A strong, clear writing style and voice, with excellent writing and editing skills. Experience writing for social is a must.
- A detail-oriented approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables.
- BS/BA degree.
- Support Okta’s global social media strategy and presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Craft creative, on-brand content for Okta’s owned social accounts.
- Work closely with our social media agency to create content and ensure consistency across our channels.
- Identify what content to promote — from brand campaigns to event registrations — and on which channel.
- Develop processes and best practices to scale our social media function as we grow. Including our approach to scale our executive social media program.
- Support the launch of our internal employee engagement so that anyone can be an Okta brand advocate.
- Work closely with internal partners to ensure cross-promotional efforts remain on-brand.
- Work cross-functionally with global marketing leads to develop regional social media strategies.
- Publish videos and ensure our YouTube channel is optimized for search and engagement.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and make recommendations for innovative campaigns.
- Consistently set goals, and measure and optimize to reach them.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.