|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be part of a high visibility, growth-oriented team with ambitious goals and potential to improve the quality of life for a billion users?
We are the Finance team under the WebXT organization (Edge, Search, Ads, Map and MSN). Our goal is to empower everyone in the world to make financial decisions with ease and help them achieve their financial goals, whether by saving or growing their money. With deeply integrated experiences in Windows, Bing and Office we have the reach and ability to impact billions of people with bold bets on state-of-art AI, intuitive clear design and Big Data technologies.
The COVID crisis has resulted in significant financial uncertainty for families all over the world. Now, more than ever, our users need reliable information about how to protect their financial health but also the tools to empower them achieve more. We are looking for product-focused Software Engineers who can lead the charge to deliver next generation financial services experience for our 1 billion users.
For this role, we seek an experienced and hands-on Principal Software Engineer who is a capable and collaborative technical leader, product focused, intensely customer-driven, and who loves building and driving the execution of exquisitely crafted solutions to customers’ most challenging problems. As a part of this role, you will work closely with a global team of data scientists, software engineers, machine learning engineers and product managers to build a best-in-class finance service that wins the hearts and minds of end users.
If we've caught your interest, keep reading!
As a Principal Software Engineer on our team, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Defining, designing, and implementing large complex services and experiences with an emphasis on quality, performance, simplicity, scalability, and maintainability.
- Driving and delivering goals on ambiguous problems in the backend and frontend space.
- Commit to delivering the best experience for customers.
- Providing strong technical leadership and a strong role model for good engineering, clean design, and principled thinking.
- Proactively seek for opportunities to improve quality, productivity, and predictability of projects. Participate in code reviews, design reviews and live site investigations, provide and receive constructive feedback to improve overall quality of components.
- Have fun and learn new things!
The below qualifications are required for success in this role:
- 6+ years of industry experience developing in C++/C, C#, Java, and/or equivalent
- 4+ years of industry experience designing and shipping large scale, quality performant services
- Ability to assume end-to-end ownership of large features and initiatives
- Crisp communication skills, including ability to write concise technical docs and present ideas
- Hands-on ability to write efficient, reliable & maintainable code and to test & debug it
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices like automated deployments with integrated quality gates and experience working with modern version control systems like Git.
- Solid engineering fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded, asynchronous programming, inclination for architecting at scale
The below list of skills and experiences are relevant to this role, but not required:
- Experience with overall page optimization of commercial scale Search Engine or Recommendation Engine
- Experience in building highly responsive and performant complex web UX
- Detailed knowledge about Azure such as Compute, Service Fabric, Kubernetes, ML, etc. to make the right technology bets and tradeoffs
- Experience with data analysis and machine learning
- Domain knowledge in consumer finance services
#FullStack# #ContentServices# #webXT# #WebXTPrincipal#