|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Real-Time Computer Vision team in the AI platform Group is driving research and development for understanding People, Places and Things using Computer Vision and Machine Learning technologies. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and researchers building an inference platform and associated models that enable our customers to build a wide range of innovative real-world solutions for various verticals. We collaborate with teams across Microsoft and leverage their technologies to expand our reach and impact and showcase the best innovations.
We have an opportunity for a Software Engineer to work on a state-of-the-art inference platform to build, run and manage high performance pipelines to process people and object tracking using visual sensors.
In this role, you will:
- Partner closely with world-class research teams to incorporate cutting-edge algorithms and deep learning models into the product.
- Deliver high quality and performance sensitive software which leverages the latest hardware and Azure innovations in IoT and Cloud.
- Work across the software stack and demonstrate technical leadership. Collaborate with groups across Microsoft as well as with external partners.
- Get involved in performance analysis of existing algorithms and find areas of improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Science or related field.
- Excellent problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills.
- Proficiency in Programming languages (C/C++, C#, Python or equivalent).
- 2+ years of software development experience and shipped multiple releases of software products.
- Focus on high quality software development and proficiency in unit-testing and other validation techniques.
- Knowledge of Image Processing, Computer Vision, Deep Neural Networks and/or Deep Learning development and frameworks like PyTorch and TensorFlow.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years after.