|Location:||Boston, Massachusetts, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As a global leader with the Azure Applications & Infrastructure Solutions Group, with a perspective across the Microsoft Azure portfolio, you’ll be critical in the design, evolution, building, and landing of strategic programs in one of the most exciting competitive landscapes in the market.
The Azure Applications & Infrastructure Solutions Group is responsible for leading the global sales planning, strategy, landing as well as execution and global programs to achieve and accelerate our revenue goals. Our organization engages across Microsoft from Product, Engineering and Marketing, to our globally diverse sales teams - leading the envisioning of new opportunities and products with customers, helping our customers move into a cloud first world, and engaging sellers to create the technical and business elements in their path to the cloud. We pride ourselves on spending time investing in our team as we are a large global community. Specifically, we invest heavily in culture-in-action where we make it an ongoing practice of empowerment, empathy, listening, learning.
The new leader of the Sales Execution & Global Programs organization will be responsible for leading and managing a globally distributed team, accountable for the delivery of the Azure Apps & Infrastructure revenue. To achieve this, the team in the Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) corporate organization works in collaboration with the area-based sales organization, Global Sales, Marketing & Operations (GSMO), as the experts in the sales portfolio to deliver the priorities, plans, insights, and localized direction. Your team is also responsible for the investments for global Azure sales programs serving our many hundreds of sellers in the field, specifically to accelerate the success of their customer engagements and delight the customer as they work with Microsoft and our partners. You will have the additional responsibility for managing the regular business and revenue updates at the global level to the most senior level of management at Microsoft.
Key Attributes for the role:
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of Microsoft employees plus supporting vendors and be accountable for productivity and impact.
- Complex Program Management: Work across sales, marketing, services, and other various organization to solve complex issues and drive solution implementation.
- Collaboration: Deeply understand and collaborate with corporate and field leadership. Represent field priorities with precision to influence global programs.
- Communications: Lead broad cross-community messaging that scales across audiences and delivers clarity and understanding.
- Manage the global Azure Apps & Infra seller community and corporate operating model to track and deliver the Azure revenue delivery globally, managing across all aspects of the business.
- Create the measures and metrics required for managing the business, sellers, partners, customers insights to reflect short term success and requirements for long term growth.
- Lead the specific portfolio sales and business outcomes- from mature to emerging and more growth businesses- and define a common model to communicate the progress to plan, insights, and accountable to unblock any customer challenges with stakeholders.
- Lead the monthly business reporting, combining the seller, customer insights with the operating analysis for the executive leadership for the App & Infra solution area.
- Manage seller adoption of Azure sales priorities and sales plays and maintain an active feedback loop on quality, achievement and adoption with global marketing & operations teams and sales manager community.
- Manage the global Apps & Infrastructure sales community with high touch, “open source” mentality for building and sharing best practices, manager consumption leadership, compete open dialog.
- Lead the global strategy and execution of Azure sales programs providing a clear ROI for a larger centralized investment, communicate the success criteria, global adoption models, and executive messages.
- Partner with the App & Infrastructure Global Black Belt sales leaders to build sales operational tools, communicating sales insights and revenue impact consistently.
- Collaborate with the Sales Architecture to drive Fiscal Year planning by integrating insights and best practices from sales and programs execution.
- Leading People and Developing Cultures: Passionate about leading people and building cultures centered on accountability and empathy. Building organizations that are nimble, welcome innovation and risk, celebrate success, and is known for building bridges. Should have 10+ years’ experience leading people and managers.
- Delivering customer value via programs & operations: A proven leader that thrives in complexity, works across a diverse group of stakeholders to delivers results.
- Communicating with clarity: Shows experience communicating complex, ongoing business data, into many stakeholders and executive to drive clarity and always-on insights.
- Creating alignment across organizations: Experienced working across different disciplines including finance, marketing, sales, and engineering to align to shared goals.
- Cloud business and market: Experienced in the development and execution of successful cloud customer and sales models and understand the market dynamics around customers moving to the cloud.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States. You can expect global travel, between 10 – 20%, contingent upon Covid-19 restrictions.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.