|Location:||Issaquah, Washington, Redmond, Washington, Seattle, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated? If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
As a Business Program Manager (BPM) within the Learning & Development team, you will serve as a trusted business advisor to our leadership within the greater Customer Experience & Success organization. You will manage a portfolio of training, skilling, and readiness programs that will help our Support teams thrive. You will partner with our managed service provider for program design and execution to support important compliance readiness and other initiatives. This role offers a unique career development opportunity within a highly visible, newly created organization. If you excel in stakeholder management, have a strong track record of managing Learning & Development programs in partnership with outsourced vendor teams from creation to execution, we want to talk to you!
About the Organization:
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
- Collaborate with role owners and key business stakeholders to re-envision the learning strategy, based on Microsoft CE&S strategies, priority skills and readiness needs aligned to the business priorities.
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs.
- Ensure the right balance between individual learning needs and business needs (speed to productivity, in person learning, online learning, on the job experience).
- Collaborate with a pool of instructional designers, graphic designers, and developers to bring the learning strategy to life.
- Collaborate with a pool of instructional designers, graphic designers, and developers to guide the creation of engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer of knowledge, that draws from tested instructional design theories, best practices and methods.
- Plan and execute against the successful deployment of programs and learning experiences.
- Coordinate and collaborate with delivery operations team on all delivery logistics.
- Review and analyze feedback of the learning curriculum and trainers through evaluations, trainer input and business stakeholder feedback.
- Decide on the criteria used to validate learner’s performance and help develop assessment instruments.
- Partner with data analysts to measure learning (reaction, knowledge, behavior, impact, ROI).
- Proven experience in needs analysis, instructional design, program management, and/or learning technologies, 5+ years is preferred
- Proven experience in program management.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning theories, interactive training, instructor-led training, self-paced instruction, evaluation methods, and performance support systems.
- Experience working on a variety of modalities (i.e. online, in-person, microlearning, and MOOCs)
- Demonstrate "storytelling" skills - able to write effective copy for audio scripts/video scripts, Journalism experience is a plus
- Collaborative, able to work well with other designers, vendors, program managers, and stakeholders.
- Basic skills and understanding of Microsoft technologies.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complex, matrixed environments with minimal oversight.
Location: Open to candidates anywhere in the US, Pacific time zone preferred, Seattle area strongly preferred.
Keywords: Instructional designer, project manager, curriculum developer, curriculum development, learning consultant, learning architect, program manager, learning experience designer
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.