|Job Type:||Full Time|
Software Engineers at Microsoft Experimentation team, under AI Platform, have strong problem-solving capabilities, and are great team players. Our software engineers are goal-oriented, have the ability to fluidly switch between several projects and deal with issues that arise when running a highly available service. You will be driving projects from end to end from discovering the required effort, executing it, and rolling it out to production.
The Experimentation Team at Microsoft, under Azure AI Platform, aims to accelerate software innovation through trustworthy experimentation. We build one of the largest experimentation platforms on the planet, ExP, used by teams across Microsoft like Azure, Xbox, Windows, Office, Bing, MSTeams, VSCode, etc. to make data-driven decisions through A/B testing. The ExP platform enables customers answer questions like: What factors affect the quality of the Bing user experience? What causes users to make a first payment with XBox? How does a new Outlook feature impact Office’s business metrics?
As a part of this team, you will get the opportunity to:
- Push the envelope for how data is leveraged and change the way software is built.
- Work in an agile and diverse engineering team, closely partnering with world-class data scientists with leadership that will help you grow your career.
- Help evolve the ExP platform into an Azure offering.
Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/group/experimentation-platform-exp/ for more information about the ExP Platform including videos, articles, and publications.
- Design and build new global-scale services and tools for Microsoft’s ExP platform
- Produce high quality code and performant systems with clear documentation
- Leverage thousands of product metrics to distill data insights and automate platform actions
- Collaborate with data scientists and cross-functional teams to improve platform capabilities and advance the field of online experimentation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2 yrs+ Expertise in Java, C# or C++ (3+ years of industry experience)
- Experience in statistical data analysis at web-scale
- Experience with Azure, AWS, or Google cloud
- PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong design and problem-solving skills, with experience engineering systems to scale
- Curiosity and willingness to learn, share and improve
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.