|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface team is lighting up Microsoft experiences with the next generation of devices. A fundamental part of our strategy is bringing productivity and mobility together through devices that enable new experiences – helping people and organizations unlock their creativity, passion, and potential. Creating these devices involves a close partnership betweensilicon,hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation andSurfaceneeds you!
The Silicon Architecture organization is charged with defining thefeatures and capabilities of SoC used on Surface devices. We are responsiblefor:
(a)Drivingand co-engineeringsiliconfeatures that provide clear user experiences differentiation and emotional connection toWindows ecosystem as showcased by Surface platforms.
(b) Multipartnersiliconengagements(“silicondiversity”)to apply the bestsiliconsolutionavailable fora given set ofusages,customers,and market segments. Working with different partners based on product& form factorgoals,silicon,and SW platform, andprioritizedfirst party applications.
(c) Strategically develop and incorporate IP(SW/HW)that enables meaningful experiences that are unique or significantly better.
The SurfaceSilicon ArchitectureteamiscurrentlyrecruitingaPrincipal Engineerwith apassion fordelivering high qualitySoCexperiences. AsaPrincipal Engineeron ourteam,youwill beresponsible to provide detailed requirements, innovate on capabilities and experiences seeking improving SoC power/performance and battery lifewhileenabling unique experiences by working with Windows OS, 1stparty applications and SW vendors. This role requires detail orientation and affinity to enable efficiencies in process and methodologies from early interaction to our silicon through guiding and engineering organization from experiences to the final product release. Youin collaboration with the rest of the teamwillworkwithsystem engineersin specifying theSoC needsdeliveringhighpower/performancesolutions.
- Responsible fortuningand optimizingourSilicon Architectureprocess and methodologies. Requires understanding the balance for promptdeliveringof requirements and maintaining rigorous follow up with partners and engineering organizations.
- Understandand balance the tuning between the HWand SW and articulate the interactions and trade-off.
- Responsible to develop a regular cadence of SoC competitive analysis while using the larger organization for data gathering and articulation.
- Responsible for SoCtuning strategy based on knowledge of industry capability and opportunities for IP ownershipandtuning methods.
- Responsible forevaluatingand definingSoCgoals and architecturethat enabledevicesexperienceexpectations.
- Contribute to the selection ofSoCthatmeetdevices productexpectationand experiences.
- UnderstandsCPUand GPU architectureand contribute toSilicon Architecturedecisions based on processing performance of the platform pipelines.
- Minimum BS/MS inElectrical Engineeringor Computer Science or relatedfield.
- 10+ yearsownership ofSoC products definition and architecture.
- Expert knowledge of a mobilecomputingpower/performance trade-off,tuningmethodsandSW components interactions. This includes knowledgeonSi process technologies and manufacturing methods.
- Knowledge of OS anddrivers’foundationsas itrelatesto SoC interactions and performance/power trade-off.
- Outstandinginterpersonal skills - cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Demonstratedabilityto perform in a high paced product development environment.
- Willing to travel internationally up to20%.
- Capable to managegreatlevel of ambiguityand minimal direction to extract relevant goalswhile driving to completion.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.