|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft envisions a cloud-empowered world. A world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness and more sky’s-the-limit thinking. A world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers to places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers deeply care about. At Microsoft we know this mission would be impossible without incredible, passionate and talented people. We want every employee to contribute their unique skills, discover their passions, and chart a course that makes a difference. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We take pride and live the Microsoft Values every day.
Join us and be one who empowers billions!
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture To learn more about Microsoft’s values, please visit: https://microsoft.sharepoint.com/sites/msw/Company/Values
The Commercial Manager would be a senior leader who plays a critical role hiring, coaching and developing a team of Commercial Executives (CE), whom key accountabilities are, to work as part of the Microsoft Account Team as a specialist resource, to deliver the appropriate licensing solution meeting customer software requirements.
You are entrusted to manage the workload of your team, who are accountable to driving billions of dollars of Volume Licensing Sales. As the team lead, you are expected to coach the overall Microsoft selling process and the CE team that drive year on year growth in revenue and market share, optimizing the customer lifetime value, delivering strong partner and customer satisfaction. Examples of role focus to deliver the impact include:
- Hire the right people who will drive licensing revenue and market share for Microsoft.
- Coach the account teams & CE team around account planning guidance to maximize volume licensing revenue, negotiation strategies and deal escalation strategies and tactics.
- Coach account teams and other field stakeholders on the role of the CE (strategy and vision) and how best to engage.
- Develop the CE team to further enhance their program and product licensing skills and sales and relationship management competencies.
- Implement world class approach within CE team in judiciously utilizing discounting on deals, help partners and sales teams to close complex Enterprise Agreements and Cloud deals.
- Perform a role in the segment leadership to help set strategy for the segment by leveraging licensing and deal making expertise.
- Work with key stakeholders in the business - Business Desk, Operations, Licensing Solution Provider Partner Sales Executives, and others to build a sustaining licensing growth engine that is cohesive, resilient and optimized.
- 4+ years of Sales or Sales Excellence experience
- Seasoned sales and negotiation professional, unafraid of conflict
- Positive attitude with a passion in licensing and working with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Good communication skills and comfortable speaking at all organizational levels, from the CxO to the procurement/purchasing teams
- Experienced in establishing trusted advisor/strategic consultant relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills with strategic thinking and ability to analyze data to identify trends, risks and opportunities
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred.
- In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs will be essential but not required at hiring.
- Sales and partner management, sales processes and methodologies training as per Industry Standard.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.