|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Windows and Devices Design Studio is looking for a Senior Designer to join the Windows and Devices Design team. Candidates will create breakthrough experiences for Windows customers to find and engage with the experiences they need most. You will be solving some of the toughest operating system problems in delightful ways, driving customer love for 1 billion Windows customers.
Collaborating with a world-class cross-functional team, you will work with product owners to simplify complex problems within business, technology, and experience constraints into compelling customer driven design solutions. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is excited in growing and applying their expertise in product design.
- Creating beautiful, impactful, and innovative product designs.
- Working with a diverse and talented team of designers, product managers, and engineers to build quality, reliable, inclusive, and accessible experiences that run on 1 billion devices.
- Presenting your design concepts to leadership and taking part in product decisions advocating for the prioritization of human centered design changes
- Participating in design brainstorms and work sessions.
- Mentoring and lifting junior designers to be better creators
- Activating culture change, invest in your own and others’ growth, mentor team members, and advocate for a customer driven mindset and help create a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent education or experience
- 6+ years of experience in design discipline for consumer product experiences and experience shipping products in a product/software environment
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process and human centered design
- Proficiency with Figma, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop (or equivalent design tools)
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written skills and the ability to present your work to peers acrossdisciplines
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Shown ability to synthesize design solutions from ambiguousconcepts
- Knowledge of groundbreaking applications and the latest UX metaphors and desire to keeplearning
- Strong portfolio showcasing work experience onweband/or application design showing how you applied your skills to solve customerneeds
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.