|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That is what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. The Identity division in Cloud + AI delivers world class authentication services for the Microsoft cloud. Azure Active Directory is the identity platform for Azure and Office 365. By using Azure Active Directory, organizations are empowered to offer their employees and partners access to applications (like Office 365), data and resources in a secure and controlled way. Microsoft’s Identity division is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud strategy, we build and operate authentication and authorization services that are used by the millions of Windows, Office, XBOX, and Azure users worldwide. The identity division is a customer focused organization with an emphasis on security, a great user experience and high reliability.
What is an SRE? An SRE is what you get when you treat operations as if it is a software engineering problem. Our mission is to improve the availability, latency, performance, and security of the Identity systems behind Microsoft’s cloud. Like traditional operations, we keep important revenue-critical systems up and running, even when natural disasters, bandwidth outages and configuration problems occur. Unlike traditional operations groups, we identify and address these software problems directly thru software improvements, innovative machine learning and systems automation.
Working core development skills are a must have. As an SRE, you will identify and tackle high value software improvements using your expertise in infrastructure, scripting, coding, and scalable system design. Additionally, you should possess strong collaboration skills, and be a good team player.
At Microsoft, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment empowers you to have a real impact on millions of end users. This is also a unique opportunity to work with world-class engineers.
If you have experience working with high scale production services come and share your learnings; otherwise bring your passion and willingness to learn. We are hiring engineers who are passionate about learning how to build, scalable, distributed, highly available, and secure cloud native services. Specific duties are:
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Microsoft’s Identity services.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Conduct periodic on call duties.
A successful candidate will have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Understanding of Software development languages such as C#, C++, C, Java, or Python
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Familiarity with Azure PowerShell automation and similar scripting languages is a plus.
- Basic working knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Strong understanding of network technologies and protocols, including TCP/IP and DNS
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience building and operating scalable distributed systems would be a huge plus.
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies.
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.