|Job Type:||Full Time|
There has never been a more exciting time to be working in health and life sciences at Microsoft. Our health and life sciences R&D group, Health Futures, is an interdisciplinary team of researchers, engineers, and clinicians who endeavor to develop next-generation methods and tools for health and life sciences. We offer a unique and vibrant environment that features cutting-edge academic research, enterprise software development, and real-world delivery, with close feedback loops and rapid iterations among all three, much like a lean startup.
As a technical architect / developer, you will be a founding member of a cross-functional team within Health Futures that carries primary responsibility for ensuring that the half of the world that does not have meaningful access to care today can benefit from the new experiences and technologies that Microsoft is driving in health and life sciences. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional technical background and have the intellectual curiosity and original thinking to drive new health incubations.
- Provide technical direction, vision, and leadership for the development of incubation efforts to take new products / solutions to market.
- Create engineering / technology roadmaps for priority opportunity areas and problem statements within new opportunity spaces.
- Facilitate scientific / technical collaboration with other Microsoft Research and product teams.
- Provide technical advisory support to the leadership team on cross-cutting Microsoft engagements.
- Create prototypes and lead engineering teams to build new health solutions.
- Communicate technical concepts at the appropriate level of abstraction to both technical and non-technical stakeholders and partners.
- 7+ years of experience as a software development experience
- 5+ years in software engineering project/product management
- Experience with turning research technologies into products
- Experience with designing and delivering excellent demos/prototypes to showcase vision to stakeholders
- Experience in building health and/or life sciences experiences and technologies
- Proven track record of working across teams and cross-functional stakeholders to deliver shared solutions to complex problems
- Passion for combining deep technical, market, and user analysis to create new opportunity areas
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.