|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Our Cloud Economics and Strategic Partnerships Team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance organization at the forefront of Microsoft’s cloud growth. We partner deeply with Microsoft engineering, sales, and business development teams to build strategic alliances that deliver maximum value to our partners and customers.
We are looking for a talented Cloud Economics Regional Lead to join our cloud economics practice to lead our most strategic partnerships within Americas. This role will partner with customer c-suite executives across a variety of industries within US, Canada, and LATAM, helping guide their digital transformation strategy and maximize financial value creation through Microsoft cloud platforms. You will apply robust technical, financial, and business expertise, to build financial business cases related to complex IT environments, costs structures, and cloud migration strategies. You will also serve as subject matter expert for cloud economics discussions and cost-optimizing workloads running in the cloud.
The main responsibilities include:
- Partnering with the Field, Field Finance, Business Development, and Engineering to develop cloud business cases/financial models for our most strategic customers
- Engaging with customers’ executives to articulate the outcome of financial analyses, synthesizing complex analyses simply to describe the financial and technical benefits of moving to Azure
- Leading and delivering customer executive briefings on Cloud Economics related topics
- Developing new executive briefing content related to Cloud Economics topics
- Coordinating efforts between local field finance cloud economics initiatives/engagements and Strategic Partnership engagements
- Continuous learning of Microsoft Cloud services, infrastructure, operations, go-to-market, and long-term cloud economics
- Develop robust financial models to evaluate complex transactions and determine negotiations guardrails
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, computer science or engineering. MBA preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with progressive advancement within your discipline. Technology, investment banking, or strategy consulting experience preferred.
- Passionate about the technology industry, and ability to engage in technical discussions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, enabling simple communication of complex topics
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Deep modeling capabilities and ability to work with financial systems
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at super-fast pace
- Comfort working at multiple altitudes, from strategic/high-level projects to detailed analysis
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high-impact project results through both individual and v-team efforts
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence others without direct authority and appropriately push back when required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.