|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world. At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
The Technology for Social Impact Team is chartered with the mission of bringing the power of technology to every non-profit and humanitarian organization to accelerate Social Good. This organization will bring together our donation and grants programs, industry solutions, commercial sales efforts and partner ecosystems to empower non-profits globally to address the world’s most pressing needs. Profits generated from this business will be reapplied to scaling operations and investments for Microsoft’s public good investments. This is a dynamic and fast-growing business focused on helping organizations on the front line of change to do their best work to create inclusive and enduring positive impact throughout our communities.
As the Global Azure Data & AI Specialist, you will be a senior solution sales leader within our Corporate sales organization working with our Not-for-Profit customers to empower them to achieve more for societal benefit. You will be leading a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed quarterly Data & AI revenue and usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts. Also, you will be a trusted advisor and a Data & AI subject matter expert with core capability and expertise in Data Modernization, Analytics and AI.
You will work with customers to leverage data to help them achieve their business priorities and help guide customer’s journey through Analytics-led Azure Data transformation. You will help customers evaluate their applications and business requirements, recommend solutions that meet their requirements and demonstrate these solutions to win the technical decision. You will need to support customers to remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction. You will help our customers take advantage of our unique hybrid data platform and leading Analytics & AI solutions to realize the value of digital transformation and achieve their humanitarian mission.
Find out more about Technology for Social Impact Team at: https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-issues/2019/09/03/small-and-medium-sized-nonprofits-now-have-the-tools-to-bridge-their-own-digital-divides/ & https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/nonprofits
- Identifying and surfacing new customer engagements that align with the customer’s business strategy. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, targeted account lists to identify and engage prioritized customers.
- Being the key technical leader, trusted advisor and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy, architect and adopt Microsoft Data, Analytics and AI solutions. You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making. You will lead presentations, demonstrations, architecture design sessions to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft Azure Data Services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- Managing your territory as a business and investing in your own skills to remain top of your game.
- Maintaining a healthy balanced and predictable pipeline, deliver accurate forecast and develop strategic opportunity sales plans for ‘must-win’ deals.
- Meeting and exceeding team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for Azure Consumption Revenue (ACR) and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics.
- You will stay sharp, attaining and maintaining required certifications. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5+ years of experience of technology related sales or business development experience, particularly cloud computing and management.
- Senior level pursuit experience in selling Data & AI Solution with a strong track record of prospecting, new account development, territory building and quota performance.
- Azure Database Administrator Associate or Azure Data Engineer Associate Certified or prepared to attain certification within 3 months.
- Ability to solution sell C-Level and across both IT and business units as a trusted advisor .
Excellent Communicator: Communication and collaboration, organizational, presentation, and verbal communication skills required.
- Driving and leading sales processes across account planning, opportunity planning, customer decision frameworks, evaluation plans and engaging in sophisticated business case discussions.
- Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies and expertise in selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Understanding of cloud platforms including Azure data platform services, hybrid cloud technologies, developer tools and services and/or complementing solutions. Ability to engage with developers and IT architects as trusted advisors, as well as ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's Azure Data & AI related cloud solutions and have firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies.
- Lead technical sessions making use of whiteboards or other resources to drive solution discussions leveraging published solution architectures for common infrastructure implementations, and demonstrate Azure Solution using pre-packed Azure Demo environments.
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead virtual v-teams through influence.
- This role will be based out of Las Colinas, TX or Fargo, ND campus locations only.
- 10 years sales experience.
- 4-year degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related field desired.
- Relational and non-relational database technologies; Transforming Applications with AI technologies; Reporting and Data transformation services; Database development and architecture; Microsoft and competitor SQL; Database services; Software design or development; Systems Operations / Management; Datamarts and analytics; Infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, etc.)
- Strong time management skills - able to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-oriented environment.
- Problem solver and ability to work in fast-changing environment and manage ambiguity.
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s commercial cloud offerings - including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of competitors and related ecosystem.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals.
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.