|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building and delivering technologies for great devices? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between experience teams, hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation of products and Surface needs you!
- Manage and execute new connectivity technology programs to deliver in spec, on schedule, under budget, a safe, reliable, compliant, high-quality, secure product for mass production.
- Drive connectivity technology roadmap creation, roll out plans, define requirements together with partners, track progress and create progress reports.
- Drive connectivity technology SW/HW development in product programs together with key partners create and track schedules, progress, test/compliance validation and drive bug fixing.
- Develop and update technology specifications, while maintaining an overview of the technology landscape.
- Apply best practices and formal processes of Program management and Engineering Excellence.
- Organize, present, and document technical and program reviews/status to Senior Management.
- Organize and lead technology development builds, and track development maturity.
- Seven or more years of experience in program management with experience in driving embedded SW development, in depth knowledge of USB technology preferred.
- Experience in program management in full consumer product lifecycle from product definition to shipping and lifecycle management.
- Experience in working with domestic and international strategic partners.
- Knowledge of hardware/software development lifecycle process and experience in improving the development process.
- Capable of facilitating bootcamps with cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, a self-starter, excellent problem-solver with strong written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines, functions and organizations (Management, PM, Test, Hardware/Software Engineering, etc.).
- BS/MS in computer engineering, EE or a related field is preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.