|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more and we believe that artificial intelligence will play a critical role in accomplishing that mission. The Core Search and AI team is the leading appliedmachine learningteam at Microsoft responsible for delivering the highest-quality experience to over 500M+ monthly active users around the world in Microsoft’s search engine, Bing.Beyond Bing other search engines such as Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, and new startups likeNeevadepend on us as well.
We have seen little innovation in search in the last decade andwe are looking for people whowantto build the next generation of search using advanced AI technologies such as deep learning.Ourwork spans a very large scope ofscenarios includingdelivering high quality search resultsfrom amassive document corpus,extractiveand abstractivesummarizationto generate document snippets,personalization,machine reading comprehension,and document recommendations.
As a team, we leverage the diverse backgrounds and experiences of passionate engineers, scientists,and program managers to help us realize our goal of making the world smarter and more productive. We believe great products are built by inclusive teams of customer-obsessed individuals who trust each other and work closely together. We collaborate regularly across the company both to find the technology breakthroughs from groups like Microsoft Research to infusing AI into the rest of Microsoft products like Office and Azure.
Some examples ofourwork include:
- Building and open sourcing blazing fasttransformernetworkinferencing(covered inZDNetandForbes)includingdeveloping ourownaccelerated chips for inferencing
If you are passionate about working on the latest and hottest areas that will help you develop skills in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, data science and high scale systems, this is the team you’re looking for!
- Customize existing algorithms or develop new algorithms to improve search and recommendation systems.
- Drive independent research and developmentof machine learning algorithmsresulting in shipped product improvements.
- Work on the full lifecycle of machine learningdevelopmentincluding training data collection, feature engineering, model training, offline and online experimentation.
- Advance the state-of-the-art machine learning and NLP algorithms for real-world large-scale applications.
- Drivea machine learning project from idealization to shipping.
- Mentorand grow juniorengineersinthe team.
- Bachelors, Masters or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field (including Mathematics and Physics)
- 2+ years of industry experience applying Machine Learning techniques
- 2+ years of experience coding in Python, C++, C#, C or Java
- MS or PhD computer science or related field.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow orPyTorch
- Experience building large scalecloud-basedsolutions.
- Customer focused, strategic, drives for results, is self-motivated, and has a propensity for action.
- Fantastic problem solver: ability to solve problems that the world has not solvedbefore.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.