|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure UX team is looking for a Senior UX Designer to elevate the user experience for Azure - the world’s computer. You will join a fast-paced, growing, and passionate team. We strive to deliver customer-centric, elegant solutions for complex enterprise scenarios with high business impact. We believe in inclusive and accessible designs and think that work should be challenging and fun. You will also be able to learn from and grow in a vibrant global community of designers and researchers.
Our team is part of a larger design studio at Microsoft called the Cloud + AI Design Studios. We work to deliver world-class experiences for modern cloud-based applications and services. Our team’s mission is to empower our developer and enterprise customers to achieve more. Join us to apply and grow your expertise in one of the largest growth areas in Microsoft.
- Gain a deep understanding of business goals, user needs, technical constraints, and the competitive landscape of your product area.
- Influence product and design directions and deliver a variety of design outputs, from high level concepts to detailed designs to interactive prototypes, to guide product development.
- Collaborate with researchers, program managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to create high quality user experiences with measurable impact.
- Proactively identify and prioritize opportunities that continuously elevate the product experience.
- Articulate design strategies and decisions in clear and compelling ways to various stakeholders and audiences.
- Mentor junior designers and contribute to the wider UX community.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, Interaction or similar area, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of industry experience in designing highly complex systems from conception to release.
A strong portfolio demonstrating excellent UX design skills for solving complex problems with clear results.
- Demonstrated ability to influence product direction and balance user needs and business goals.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with technical cross-functional team members.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.