|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you ready to take Office—a product used by 100s of millions of people every single day, and one of the most well-known and beloved brands in the world—to the next level? We’re on a mission to help our customers get their best work done by providing new, innovative, and best-in-class productivity experiences across platforms.
If you’re passionate about solving real problems for customers, relish innovation, want to impact the world, and care about the people you work with... then you’ve found the right place!
Our MetaDesign Studio, in the Experiences and Devices (E+D) organization, plays an instrumental role in tackling company-wide design initiatives. From scaling the Fluent Design System to challenging and rethinking what a modern Microsoft 365 and Office experience looks and feels like, there’s amazing and forward-thinking work happening here.
Your primary responsibility will be to innovate in an established and massively loved product space. You’ll work alongside partners to invent, evolve, and simplify designs that scale across the entire customer journey using a data-informed and go-big or fail-fast mentality.
Success for this role means: inspiring those around you, leading with empathy, breaking down large and complex problems into solvable chunks, and fostering inclusive and diverse thinking.
Come play with us.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns and visual design skills in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
- Define and drive people management responsibilities for individual team members and across theteam
- Lead world-class interaction designs from initial concept through finishedproduct
- Drive and assess design solutions based on user research input, user goals, and businessrequirements
- Drive deep engagement with product teams on productdesign
- Create an invigorating and positiveteamculture
- Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers,writers, engineers, and user researchers to lead productdesign
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end-to-end customer journeys, process, and leadershipexperience
- 5+ years of industry experience in interactive design and/or visual design
- 3+ years design leadership/management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience educating, partnering, and influencing productteams
- Aware of trends in mobile,productivity,communications, and collaboration
- Ability to work well in a fast–paced, multidisciplinary team and partnerenvironment
- Ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goalsindependently
- History of impacting shipping products with your work
- A Bachelor’sdegree in Design (or related field) or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools,such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Designing user experiences for enterprise software / services
- Creating and applying established design principles and interaction patterns
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.