Last updated 36 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is growing the team that builds our channel relationships with Solution Partners. The Channel Manager extends Atlassian's business model through the recruitment and development consulting, services, and reseller partners. They will be responsible for growing and leading partners to build Atlassian market share in the region. We are looking for an outstanding individual who understands how to activate partners and provide leadership in the area. Recruiting and enabling partners is a large part of the position which includes driving marketing activities with partners to grow the customer community through Atlassian product adoption.
More about you
You are a highly motivated and analytical business person with the ability to identify, recruit and make successful Partners in the Northeast region. You bring deep knowledge of the region, local customer markets and partners as they pertain to Atlassian Solutions. You focus and drive channel initiatives, but also keep an eye on the business as a whole ensuring that decisions are made with future growth in mind. You have worked with Partners directly and understand their business needs to help motivate and build a successful partnership. Although bringing experience in the enterprise space at successful software companies, you realize it's time to rewrite the market approach for legacy vendors on how business can be done.
In this role you'll get to:
- Identify and recruit prospective partners by reviewing the Atlassian Partnership to prospective Partner Leadership leaning on the value of delivering Atlassian Solutions.
- Enable newly recruited partners to successful launch and advancement in the Atlassian Partner Program
- Understand and develop their partners business and their products, building rapport and value in the working relationship
- Distribute sales and service leads to the most appropriate partner
- Ensure partner engagement on product campaigns and marketing activities
- Grow license sales in managed partners and show business impact through a portfolio of new and existing partners
- Work with the partners on sustaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with other channel managers, enablement, sales, programs, other key functions for partner success
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Minimum 8-10 years work experience with a minimum of 5-10 years of enterprise software industry business development experience developing Value Added Reseller or System Integrator relationships.
- Experience that demonstrates an ability to establish and maintain relationships effectively
- Ability to profile, find and sign system integrator / consulting firms to partnerships
Key Results Areas:
- Lead partners to deliver the Atlassian Channel business charter - grow solution partner relationships to service and support our customers, and be Atlassian's megaphone to the world.
- Create a business plan on how to develop the region to achieve sales targets, including specific goals on channel recruitment
- Highly knowledgeable about the area and the business metrics of relevant markets
- Have a working understanding of Atlassian products and can present/speak to the value they deliver to customers and partners
- Understand the partner's businesses, their products and their metrics.
- Develop MDF (marketing development funds) plans for the region and distribute to partners in order to support Atlassian marketing objectives
- Document partner pipeline and support customer opportunities
- Perform a region gap analysis to identify which partners to recruit
- Team with internal Atlassian Sales Teams and Solution Partners for coverage of enterprise customers
More about our team
The channel team is a diverse group with experience in sales, marketing and technical roles. Our culture values openness, creativity, integrity and applying Atlassian Values to our interactions. We have experienced channel business in a variety of companies, and are crafting a new way of building partner business compared to legacy vendors. All of this creates huge opportunity for our partners that are adding to Atlassian's flywheel sales model. Understanding that that change is constant and responding with excitement about developing partners to succeed makes you an excellent fit for this role.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.