|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams at Microsoft owning a fundamental piece of the Azure cloud? Looking for a new challenge to demonstrate your expertise in building systems at massive scale with extremely high availability (100% SLA)? Then look no further than the Azure DNS Team.
The Azure DNS team is looking for a Software Engineer II to design and implement a globally distributed, scalable and low latency super service that provides DNS capabilities for the most critical domains in the world. The developer will work with a team of other software engineers to design and implement various components that constitute this state-of-the-art distributed systems solution and ensure a timely execution of the components with high quality. Think 1 Billion records at very low latencies. Running DNS at such scale requires building systems that are resilient to multiple failure patterns with continuous investments in quality of service.
Azure DNS also enables other innovations in Azure by providing a robust platform for resource naming across all Azure features like Storage, Software Defined Networking, databases and Azure Compute. This provides an enormous learning opportunity to build integrated solutions with other Azure services. This team owns both Azure Public DNS Zones and Private DNS Zones products and the ability to provide a robust feature set for both public and on-premise DNS workflows.
You will be working in Azure DNS Infrastructure team, where we will be working on service deployments in Azure Regions and Datacenter buildouts for multiple DNS services such as DNS authoritative, Recursive, Linux, A10s/DDoS and DNS protocol teams. We will be treating Infrastructure as Code.
- Work with engineers, program managers and partner teams to deliver a set of features with the right overall design and architecture.
- Write clean well-thought-out code with an emphasis on quality, performance, simplicity, durability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Will cherish the opportunity to own certain components from design, engaging with other teams to manage dependencies, implementation, to monitoring of the deployed service.
- Will share and introduce new ideas into the infrastructure build automation process.
- Great opportunity to improve the buildout process with zero manual touch for multiple DNS platforms, so excellent visibility.
- Help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result.
The successful candidate will have:
- Expert programming experience in one of C, C++, C# or Java and workflow systems
- Great collaboration and communication skills.
- Superb technical know-how, ability to quickly adapt to new technology and go deep in new focus areas.
- Proven strong design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
- Experience in designing and running fault tolerant infrastructure services that run globally in a large scale is a plus.
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: DNS protocol, large scale web applications, No-sql databases and asynchronous programming models.
- BS or MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experiences.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience with OS/Patch/feature rollout with safe deployment practices in large scaler distributed environments
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with infrastructure and service buildout automation framework with zero manual touch modeling
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.