|Location:||Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Houston, Texas, Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Louis, Missouri, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes. Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
We are looking for a talented individual to lead a team of deeply technical Applications & Infrastructure Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs) to drive growth of Azure Services for a set of Enterprise accounts across different industries, spanning the United States.
Key responsibilities include:
This CSA Manager role will directly manage a team of full-time employee Data & Artificial Intelligence (AI) CSAs that will engage with Enterprise (and some midmarket) customers across the US and across industries, partnering with regional and industry leaders to accelerate customer value. This is an exciting role that will help fuel Azure Customer success through customer retention and growth.
- Hire, on-board, develop, coach, mentor and evaluate CSAs. Set a clear bar for technical and operational excellence. Build a high performing team that will be diverse and inclusive and empower them to achieve success. Be a supportive curbside coach.
- Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication skills. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the US subsidiary to drive CSA role clarity, technical intensity, engagement & project assignments, and effective prioritization based on collective business demand and technical capacity indicators.
- Coach and enable your team to accelerate Azure projects to production, including guidance on architectural design, technical recommendations, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration across a set of complex engagements and stakeholders.
- Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient and aligned to successful business outcomes in the eyes of customers.
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management and high-quality reporting and insights that align to revenue and market goals for Azure.
- Total: 10+ years of experience in technical sales, engineering, or consultative delivery required.
- Management: 5+ years of experience in people management strongly preferred.
- Change: 4+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption required.
- Collaboration: Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required.
- Communication: Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required.
- Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to technical solutions is required
- Strong technical understanding of Data & AI landscape and Enterprise cloud adoption success factors is required
- Ability to stay up to date on new/improved Azure scenarios and workloads is required
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results is required
- Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles is required
- Ability to act on Customer Escalation and needs, unblock the customer through orchestration of right resources at the right time is required
- Background and experience in data application architecture and data engineering is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field is preferred
- Hands-on experience and certification in one of the following cloud providers is preferred: Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Hands-on experience and certification in one of the following technology areas is preferred:
- SQL/NoSQL data services and caches (i.e. Azure SQL DB, MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, RDS, ElasticSearch derivatives, Azure CosmosDB, Redis, etc.)
- Big Data
- Azure SQL DW / Synapse, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Hadoop/Spark distributions and related data architectures
- Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI, SSRS, etc.
- Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- SparkML, Azure ML, Tensorflow, Google Cloud AI, etc.
- IoT/Edge computing/OSs, high-volume/real-time ingestion/streaming systems (i.e. Kafka, Azure Event Hubs, Stream Analytics)
- Prior work experience in other software and/or services companies such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.