|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Our Quality Engineering (QE) team ensures that our customers have a delightful experience using our products. We work in collaboration with development teams as testers and advisors to ensure new products and features are held to a high quality standard. This role will focus on acting as a Full Stack QE lead for our Compliance Cloud and Mobile Features.
In this role, you will:
- Act as Quality Engineering Team Lead for a small, tight knit Cloud & Mobile Quality pod.
- Partner with Full Stack Development and Product teams to define quality goals, expand test coverage, and ensure high quality releases.
- Support the development of comprehensive, multi-tiered test suites that ensure detection of regressions and defects.
- Run functional and integration tests on our cloud and mobile applications.
- Run real world driving tests using IoT devices and vehicles similar to our customers’ fleets.
- Rapidly diagnose issues and perform root cause analysis with developers.
- Support and monitor the health of new mobile and cloud feature releases.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field, Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience in cloud/mobile testing (IoT preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership experience, ideally as a QE Team Lead or manager
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working with teams from diverse backgrounds
- Strong technical understanding of distributed systems and an ability to learn quickly
- Proficiency working with automated test environments and manual test beds
- Proven abilities for effective low-level troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Proficiency with scripting and querying languages: Python, SQL
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.