Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Seeking Lead Cybersecurity Analyst who will be responsible for conducting InfoSec risk assessments of Discover’s third party suppliers
What You’ll Do
- Conduct high quality risk assessments, and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Participate in developing the cybersecurity roadmap, and delivering secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects and regulatory and risk requirements ― includes cybersecurity framework, program optimization, vulnerability remediation, metrics reporting, performance analysis, and mitigation of operational risk in a high-velocity culture.
- Provide high-level critical thinking to perform duties related to projects, compliance, metrics, assurance, vulnerabilities, or threats.
How You’ll Do It
- Identify and evaluate potential vulnerabilities and drive the normalization, correlation, and integration of internal and subscription-threat intelligence source.
- Produce actionable intelligence in the form of reports, notifications, alerts, and briefings. Develop mitigation and countermeasure strategies from collected threat intelligence. Recognize security violations and take appropriate action to report each incident, as required.
- Analyze the organization's cyber defense procedures and configurations, and evaluate compliance with regulations and organizational directives.
- Perform in-depth analysis of security issues and/or vulnerabilities.
- Ensure compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Build and maintain effective relationships with peers and internal business partners.
- Create effective controls to address security concerns.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of security trends and threats. Design and develop security solutions and processes consistent with business goals and risk tolerance.
- Provide subject matter expertise for supported cybersecurity technologies.
- Develop metrics and new capabilities to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- Measure effectiveness of defense-in-depth architecture against known vulnerabilities.
- Engage in reporting risk remediation assurance and automation/integration initiatives, and collaborate with stakeholders, at all levels, to ensure remediation is validated, risk is mitigated, and findings are fully closed/resolved.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information security, computer science, business administration, data analytics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in information security, computer science, data analytics, related certifications. or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in information security, computer science, data analytics, related certifications. or related field
- Experience conducting info sec risk assessments or technology audits
- Prior experience as a cybersecurity practitioner (e.g. – experience in a cybersecurity domain such as network security, access control, cloud security etc)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.