|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Time of Flight (ToF) silicon team is transforming 3D sensing, through the revolutionary Pixels, Sensor chips, System & depth algorithms we build. We are a team of experienced engineers and researchers looking for a team member to work with us to uncover via device characterization a deep understanding into the devices we build. This is the team responsible for developing the silicon depth technologies in Kinect for XBOX ONE, HoloLens 2 and Kinect for Azure and we are now pioneering new
technologies in ToF and derivative fields. Join us, and together we’ll turn groundbreaking designs into reality!
- Time of Flight (ToF) Pixel characterization directing lab engineers to collect data, conduct experiments - both at chip and wafer level.
- Modify sequence of operation and data collection scripts to exercise new modes of operation.
- Identify and derive ToF pixel performance drivers from characterization.
- Evaluate different Pixel variants & select best candidates for mass production.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop new high-performance compact ToF Pixels and Sensors
- Define analog and digital chip features to best leverage the new Pixel features.
- Define, invent, and evaluate different optical and photonic structures to enhance ToF system performance
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline, Ph.D. is preferred.
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience with image sensor characterization and debug.
- Solid understanding of semiconductor device physics and CMOS analog circuits
- Familiarity with image sensor technologies and performance metrics.
- Familiarity with pixel performance optimization (e.g., trade-off study in terms of timing and bias voltages).
- Proficiency with MATLAB to collect, analyze, and present characterization data.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Familiarity with direct and indirect ToF technologies and their detectors (SPAD, APD, QE modulation pixel)
- Experience with pixel design
- Experience with analog circuit design
- Experience with CMOS processes
- Experience with Probe Stations for wafer level testing
- Familiarity with Optics
- Familiarity with Python
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.