|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join a world class strategic sourcing team surrounded by a diverse array of peers from various industries and backgrounds where you’ll unlock opportunities in Microsoft’s procurement of indirect services across professional, marketing, and technical services categories.
The most successful strategic sourcing managers demonstrate their leadership essentials as master orchestrators of virtual business teams and are exceptionally curious to listen, analyze, engage, and advise internal business stakeholders, strategic suppliers, and peers. As a result, our sourcing managers drive consistency, leverage economies of scale, and deliver sourcing projects and strategies that enable Microsoft to run on trust, drive innovation, cost efficiencies and exceed quality and speed expectations.
Your role will focus not only on building project and business sourcing strategies, but also on executing them against through virtual teams by standard processes and templates to enhance Microsoft’s mission. You will leverage your background, expertise, customer obsession and innovation mindset to deliver success. You will report to a Group Manager/Director for Strategic Sourcing in MS Procurement.
How you will make a difference:
Leadership and execution:
- Lead sourcing engagement with Microsoft stakeholders from project kick-off through business case approvals, while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction, savings results and relevant return on Microsoft investment.
- Deliver and publish strong business case and project management milestones within the standard sourcing process at Microsoft.
- Deliver sourcing project portfolio during our fiscal year aligning to relevant sourcing plans of record and our business and Procurement metrics (e.g., return on investment, savings, schedule, NSAT).
- Maintain a regular working partnership cadence with Procurement colleagues who support and partner directly with Microsoft business stakeholders. You’ll help drive alignment of business requirements, economic opportunity areas, mutual accountability to Microsoft stakeholders for sourcing execution and overall improvement to business metrics through procurement activities.
- Liaison with key corporate stakeholders to successfully execute category, program and sourcing requirements (e.g., legal, finance, operations, etc..).
- Microsoft runs on trust. You’ll help ensure compliance across our supplier base through supply base governance, execution of standard sourcing process as well as leveraging digital transformation to enhance both compliance and business outcomes.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong growth mindset. You’re seeking to solve for difficult business challenges together
- Proven ability to lead, build trust and be highly credible across levels of organizations
- Knowledge within supplier spend categories spanning Software & SaaS, engineering, marketing and/or professional services and ability to make confident recommendations to executive, business decision makers
- Execute sourcing within the contracting lifecycle to include multiple project types such as strategic sourcing, quick-turn sourcing/negotiations, and contract re-development/negotiations
- Understanding of key contract terms and conditions, including those specific to software licensing.
- Digital Transformation Driver - Anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions to customers, building trust with stakeholders and translating Microsoft solutions into business impact and outcomes that accelerate our digital transformation
- Deal Orchestrator – leads teams to maximize business and cost-side opportunities. Proven and observed cross-functional team facilitation experience. Lead and drive the sourcing cycle leveraging learnings and expertise to accelerate and win deals
- Established knowledge (and observed application) of best practice sourcing methodologies including strategic sourcing, supply base innovation and transformation, and contract negotiations
- Robust project management skills as applied to the sourcing process that align to exceeding schedule and scope expectations for Microsoft stakeholders
- Ability to be methodically decisive in the face of ambiguity
- Strategic focus with the ability to analyze, formulate, and implement procurement strategies to significantly increase productivity and reduce costs for a global business
-BS/BA degree plus minimum (5) years business experience in the field of procurement, strategic sourcing and/or contract management
-Proven cross-functional team facilitation experience preferred
-Experience working successfully with international businesses and understanding the intricacies and nuances of various cultures and countries
-Analytical and strategic problem-solving capabilities in finance and business subjects
-Excellent communication and presentation skills